About the beneficial properties of lemon and lemon juice know everything. But few know that the peel of this citrus is of great value to our health. Do not rush to throw lemon peel, after being squeezed juice — it still can do your body good service.
Eighty seven million seven hundred forty two thousand nine hundred four
Here are a few well-studied beneficial properties of lemon zest:1. Peel helps maintain bone health. It contains large amounts of calcium and vitamin C, which strengthens the bone tissues. The peel helps to prevent the development of diseases such as osteoporosis, articular rheumatism and multiple arthritis.
2. The peel helps to reduce oravet to oxidative stress (damage due to leakage uncharacteristic for their own metabolism oxidative reactions) due to the high content of bioflavonoids (vitamin p).
3. Are present in the body of toxic substances that not only weaken it from the inside, but increase the likelihood of developing alcohol dependence and addiction to overeating. Due to the high content of bioflavonoids, lemon peel helps to remove these toxic substances from the body.
4. Few people know that lemon peel is used for the prevention and treatment of cancer. It contains substances salvestrol Q40 and limonene, which help fight cancer cells.
5. Due to the content of polyphenols and flavonoids peel helps reduce cholesterol levels in the body, which has a beneficial effect on the heart.
6. Potassium has a beneficial effect on heart health, helps to prevent the development of diabetes and normalize blood pressure.
7. Lemon zest — the perfect tools to maintain health and hygiene of the oral cavity. Vitamin C helps to cope with such problems as bleeding gums, scurvy and gingivitis. The peel is rich in citric acid, which makes up for the lack of vitamin C, allowing to get rid of these diseases.
8. The peel helps to lose weight. It contains a substance called pectin, which contributes to the attainment of a slender figure.
9. The peel helps to maintain healthy skin and prevent problems such as premature wrinkles, acne, pigmentation disorders and etc. An important role in this process is played by free radicals. In addition, the peel is rich in antioxidants, making it helps neutralize getting into the skin of toxic substances.
10. In addition to the above, peel has a whole range of useful properties: cleans the liver, helps with ear infections, improves blood circulation, reduces muscle contractions, prevents strokes and so on.
The best way to use lemon peel:Put the lemon in the freezer.When it freeze, grate the zest on a fine grater and add a little to salads, tea and any other food. Or you can sprinkle with sugar and eat it as a standalone dessert.
And finally, a few figures:100g lemon peel contains 134мг calcium, 160mg of potassium and 129 mg of vitamin C.
So it is worth pondering to include lemon zest in your daily diet.