A magical transformation — from the old barn into a cozy summer home

This small country is the story of how the daughter of a photographer did for my mother, who loves to draw, his own Studio in the back yard. Earlier in this humble building housed a working inventory, which was moved to the basement of the main house. This is a place suitable both for arts and for life, was decorated as a gift.

In fact, for us gardeners, this little house is just another proof that a small space can be magically inviting and cozy. Maybe even more than a huge house.

Stacey van Berkel (Stacey Van Berkel) decorated this space exclusively to your taste without relying on any styles or traditions. Almost all the furniture was borrowed from relatives or in their own basement. Something is made for something — come up with new functionality. In the decoration used natural materials. For example, from birch twigs make a great curtain.

"All I wanted was to make a place that inspires my mother to work. She no longer works and lives out of town, and I would be much nicer if it were painted, not watching TV. She loved to do when I was younger!" says Stacy. Helping your mom to fulfill her dream about the Studio, the girl brought and his to win some national competition for photography. Canada's National Magazine awarded her the special charm of pictures that literally spills out at the viewer and makes you feel better.

"I interfered with a limited budget. About two years I got the idea for this, but was unable to implement it until a friend advised me to use what is there. And the rest to buy more later. It turned out that to buy nothing had, except for new sheets and pillow cases on the first floor and many jars of paint. All the other things I have gathered to relatives, neighbors, and one table even begged a friend in exchange for a photo shoot," says the decorator, self-taught.

Overall, the house has only one room which is still divided into two levels. Downstairs Studio and a small living room consisting of two chairs, turned in the chair through the cushions. On the second level — a berth that may be used only in the warmer time of the year.

"I guess I would not work on the decor, if I hadn't seen how others do it. Friend of mine showed me a small nursery at his home where it is full of old things. She looked not only beautiful, but also very stylish. Then I just decided that I will start with light — buy white paint and paint it to everything they can reach," such initiatives have started Stacy over this little project.

"I spent on the paint more than planned, but in the breaks between working days aunt asked me to take her two old turquoise chair that had stood on her porch. Now there's a new soft area, but for me the chairs were a real treasure. In fact, they look much better teinai new furniture".

Small elegant items complement the interior of Stacey where necessary. For example, old turquoise mug was transformed into a vase on the windowsill, where it would be kind of empty.

Specially selected and exclusively soft colors of this house consists of the following colors:
  • milk-white and white;
  • turquoise and mint;
  • pink;
  • light green.

"Mom's old easel had repainted in white, otherwise he too stood in the interior. In the same way we did with the stool. But the little turquoise table near the easel we found gathering dust in my basement. He had a broken leg and I undertook to fix it. Then I painted it my favorite color, and it's a fine piece of furniture. Which, by the way, not afraid to dirty with the arts, unlike the new furniture".

"Mom says the best gift she had ever received. This is probably because all the repairs kept her in secret. She just saw that I'm putting in there occasionally the barrels of paint, but such unearthly beauty it was not expected. Also, when I told her that there is also a bedroom upstairs — she just gasped. This turn of events was quite magical for her, because all Pets have long been blamed old barn from the accounts," says Stacy.

Source: www.7dach.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting