Stephen Hawking: humanity doomed, if you do not leave the Ground

If humanity wants to survive in the long term, he needs to find a way to leave the planet Earth. Familiar words? This time they came from the lips of famous astrophysicist Stephen Hawking. Maybe the people less than 200 years to figure out how to escape from their home planet, Hawking said in a recent interview with Big Think. Otherwise our species could face extinction.

"It will be difficult to avoid disaster in the next hundred years, not to mention the next thousand or million years, — said Hawking. Our only chance of long term survival is not to remain on planet Earth but to spread into space."People who got stuck on Earth, waiting for the risk of two types of disasters, says Hawking. The first type we create, for example, causing a radical change of climate, or by creating nuclear or biological weapons. Can wipe us off the face of the Earth and a number of cosmic phenomena. The asteroid collided with the Earth, will kill most of the population and leave the rest of the planet uninhabitable. The flash of gamma rays close to a supernova in the milky Way can also be destructive to life on Earth.

Life on Earth could also be under threat of extraterrestrial civilizations, likes to talk about what Hawking. Dangerous aliens can take over the planet and its resources for their own use. For the survival of our species would be safer to have a backup plan in the form of other worlds.

"The human race shouldn't have all your eggs in one basket or on one planet. Let's hope we don't drop the basket until you redistribute the load."The other day, Hawking was asked what shortcomings he would alter, and which virtues have improved if it was possible. He said, "most of all, I would like to correct the man's aggression. It gave an advantage for survival in the days of cave people, to get more food, territory or partner with whom you can continue to race, but today it threatens to destroy us all."

In November, Elon Musk, CEO of SpaceX and Tesla, warned that the chance that something dangerous will happen as a result of machines with artificial intelligence that can shoot in five years. Previously, he argued that the development of Autonomous thinking machines akin to "call a demon." Speaking at the AeroAstro Centennial Symposium in October, Musk described artificial intelligence as our "biggest threat to survival." Then he said, "I think we should be very careful with artificial intelligence. If I had to guess, what will be our biggest threat to survival, it's him. We need to be very careful with artificial intelligence. I am more and more inclined to think that there should be some regulatory oversight maybe at the national and international level, just to know that we don't make stupid mistakes."

"With artificial intelligence we call a demon. You know those stories where the guy with the pentagram and the Holy water... he thought he can control the demon, but no."Go back to Hawking. "I would like to improve upon is empathy, compassion. It keeps us in a state of peace and love." The Professor also added that the space race for men is "life insurance" and must continue.

"Sending people to the moon changed the future of the human race so that we do not even suspect — he said. — It did not solve our immediate problems on planet Earth, but allowed us to look at them from a different angle, inside and out.""I believe that the long-term future of the human race must be space and that it represents an important life insurance for our future survival, because it may prevent the disappearance of humanity by colonizing other planets."In December 2014, Hawking gave a warning to others — that artificial intelligence could mean end of human race. Speaking at the event in London, the physicist told the BBC that "the development of full artificial intelligence could end human race".

In January, a group of scientists and entrepreneurs, including Elon musk and Stephen Hawking, have signed an open letter promising to initiate research AI safety. The letter warns that without any guarantees for the development of intelligent machines could mean a dark future for humanity. published

Source: hi-news.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting