Business milk: suburban cheesemaker on personal experience

Pros OLEG SIROTA quit the business a week after the introduction of the counter and went to the village to make cheese. Over the past two since he opened a cheese factory and store in the Moscow region, believed Russian officials and was disappointed in the milk. Oleg told, how actually is the situation with import substitution, and what he would do if the sanctions are lifted.It all started with a blog post two years ago, in which Oleg told about the dream to engage in the production of cheese and that the best time to do it. Within 360 days after the post, the anniversary of the introduction of contracti earned Istra Cheese "Russian cheese". Parmesan it is not produced, but doing other hard cheeses, and orders had accumulated until mid-summer.

Why is there still no Russian Parmesan

Headache every cheesemaker is milk. I knew from the beginning that will have to face difficulties in finding producers, but that such is certainly not expected. The shop had to be suspended for a couple of weeks and even a couple to work part the download. Dairy producers feed the cows on the sly silage or poorly comply with rules of hygiene. Because cheese then swells, cracks and completely loses its marketability.

In fact, the milk problem in Russian history. 200 years, all cows were bred in fat, used to make butter (they previously fed the whole of Europe). With the fat in milk problems anywhere else. But with protein or hygiene is.

So now I'm hatching a plan to build your barn. It takes 60 million rubles. Want to receive the money for the grant, plus lay the cheese factory and take a Bank loan. Too much cheese I disposed due to bad milk, almost on one million roubles fed to the pigs of a neighboring farmer. If not pre-ordered, this would've been closed. And I myself in the morning to milk the cows, and a day from their milk cooking cheese, and his eyes finally stop moving.

How much money is needed to start all over again in the village

The idea of pre-orders was able to realize, thanks to a post in LJ, which is very well dispersed across the network. The client pre-orders he needed cheese, pays for it, I make it and the client is waiting for the ripening of his cheese. For durum, which we do (berkesi, wine Vincze, Winzer, Gorgonzola), a period of 6 weeks to 7 months. Head we have ordered more than 800 people in 6 million roubles. And now all the cheese on the Istra cheese sold until mid-July.

The early spring cheeses are not cooked, so let's start to fulfill orders in may, when the cows come to grass, farmers will stop feeding them silage and quality of milk will improve. And while kicking yogurts and soft cheeses. If problems with the milk, the cheese would have been crazy profitable. Even with the current ton and a half of cheese a month, we already went to zero. And if you get to cook for 300 kg of cheese per day as I plan in the summer, there will be a good plus.

In just two years at the cheese factory I spent 20 million rubles. Of these, about 7 million borrowed from the partners of the previous business, brother and sister. To discourage that kind of money for cheese with good milk can years for two to two and a half.

If tomorrow will not be sanctions

For the construction of the barn I have now applied for a grant. To take it and a Bank loan, you need 7-8 years. If sanctions are lifted, will have to go to korobeinichev the cities suburbs. I will cook cheese squares, my goat acrobatics would show, breaking boards with his horns. Hunger in General is not dead men.

And, seriously, we need to build and return the barn to overcome the problem of milk, and get a ton of cheese a day. Then, even if the lifting of sanctions, it is possible to maintain a decent sales volume — 500 kg exactly. If now the smuggling of cheese from San Marino, it also would put into question our perspective. Because we objectively can't compete with Italian, French, German cheese producers. While there are sanctions, it makes sense to engage in the production of hard cheeses. And without them, at best, will be the handicraft and gastronomic tourism.

MOP domestic industry have not yet mastered

The vast majority of equipment, 95 percent of the cheese factory domestic. And I'm constantly looking for production, which gives us something to do in Russia. Recently found, for example, special detergents. And they cost 4-5 times less than foreign analogues. However, MOP is yet imported. Ashamed to say, but the quality of the MOP to the water from the floor to drive, the domestic industry is not yet mastered.

Even imported a milk hose, a pump and all the little stuff that we have, I think, will soon replace. The difficulty with cheese cauldrons. Even think learn to organize a competition to bring to summer pot of Switzerland and to offer domestic producers to copy it.

I don't give the officer the money, and he told me

In fact, the cheese factory is open from the end of August 2015. During this time I paid 250 thousand rubles taxes. And this is neither more nor less, almost the annual salary of rural teachers! That becomes nice. At the end of this year expect to pay into the Treasury about 6 million.

In all that time I have not had a single review. The CPS themselves regularly carry goods for tests and confirm the certificate of conformity of the product. Officials over the past year working on the farm saw only two people: the officer, he came to meet and left his card (at the precinct it turns out there are business cards). Yes, and the head of the district seen.

I still wanted to thank for the fact that tries to accomplish the basic function of the state is to create conditions and just not hinder. Before the New Year, asked to see him and cheese in a gift brought. For which he was publicly told off. Necha says, we here in the corridors of power breed corruption! Asked how much is sold, counted me the money, took the cheese and ran away.

There is still a cheesemaker in Russian villages

Oleg Orphan is not the one the introduction of countersanctions has pushed to engage in import substitution of cheese. There are two bloggers who have succumbed to temptation and left the big cities. One went to do a startup in Adygea, the other in Irkutsk region.

First, "caffcass horseman" DIMOHEHA, decided to engage in the production of soft cheeses. Found an investor and went to the southern Republic, however, the optimism of the head of "Russian cheese" it is not enough.

DIMOHEHA writes about the same as that of Orphans, the problems with the search for milk ("molokovsky lied to me and poured milk, pouring skim milk, fat acceptance is 3.9%"), trying to find the right workers ("we Need a designer who will work for cheese <...> tomorrow is the last day to donate any balance to Rosstat, and the last Boo has deleted all information from 1C") and shares arabirimi prospects of business development (Investor said, "Hold on! But more money will not give!").

Second, Irkutsk cheesemaker BAIKALSKY_PERS, looks at the future of his project a much more positive, perhaps because while its not really started. Now he buys European equipment and adapt it to Russian realities and invites the Italian guru of cheese making to give a master class in Siberia. Promises in the near future begin to produce and even to bring to Moscow the young cheeses and semi-soft, classic and fillers, including "Her Highness Gorgonzola", as in the photo above.published

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Join us in Facebook , Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki

Source: www.livejournal.com/magazine/1452231.html

Tags

See also

New and interesting