Live with the speed of the child

The road to the garden is 30 minutes. The road from the garden to the house — an hour and a half. The route is the same, but the speed... Go, we fly with the speed of mom. Busy, hurrying, planning, optimization. Run. No time for distraction, entertainment, conversations. Even in conversations.

Because, not just to hear the voice of the child in the morning bustle of the noisy city, and to understand what the child said, need to sit down, to bend down to his level, and listen.

And this reduction in speed, loss of working time. I firmly hold his hand, because he alone will be much slower. And we're going. Sasha got used to his speed, accustomed to silent, without the vagaries reaches the garden. But he knows that everything is fair and square, and back we go at the speed Sasha.

At a speed of Sasha — it means looking at the butterflies above the dandelions, ants attacking a caterpillar on the sidewalk. Noticing grebes, unexpectedly increased at a city lawn. Kicking already fallen and rotten apples. Rolling in thin, dirty snowman first snow. Looking at a rare brand of cars in Parking lots and more that they are able to see the child anywhere does not drag the hand of the mother.

One day he came over Sasha in the garden, I caught him in the sandbox. He enthusiastically showed me a large rock, holding it with two hands.

— Mother, we dug, dug and found the treasure! See what a treasure we dug!

I appreciatively weighed the gem in his hands. It seems more than a kilogram...

— It's huge! Long was dug?

— Yes! Finally, so long!

Sasha with a priceless trophy in the hands briskly walked towards the teacher to ask for leave.

— What is this rock home drag? — puzzled she asked.

— Yes, of course. How could it be otherwise? The treasures are.

And then Sasha finds a stick. By such sticks normal boy will not pass. Long, thick, fits comfortably in your hand. Here's the dilemma. The stone is too large to carry in one hand. And if you carry the stone with both hands, then there is nothing to hold a stick. Sasha parked at the curb stone and the stick measures the depth of a puddle. Then tapping his cane on the metal fence. Then a few minutes of jumping, leaning on a stick.

Puts the stick takes stone. Face pensive. As if listening to inner feelings. Enough of it stick? Ready to part with it? Not ready. Twirls stone, parked it somewhere under his arm, holding the forearm. When Sasha bends over for a stick, a stone falls. After several attempts Sasha still manages to pick up a stone or stick.

However, the stick is lying on awkwardly splayed elbows, ready at any moment to slip off to the side. I had to stop myself from the temptation to help the child, and carry the stone. It's his decision, his choice, his burden. Let the student not to take on more than he can carry. I only support a stick when we walk across the street to a fallen stick has created a complex traffic situation. A fallen stick, Sasha most certainly want to raise, and with the stone in hand is not so easy to implement...

But after the junction starts right curb. The right curb width is the width of the foot. The right curb separates the sidewalk from don roadway and from the ground, and hence, it is safe to walk on. The right curb seductive rising above the level of the sidewalk. The next 200m of the route to the house Sasha is always on the curb. And not just Sasha. I also love to walk on the right curb. When you go out on the curb for your child, it is much easier to move with his speed.

And then Sasha notices the pigeons. They bathe in the fountain at the restaurant. Sasha down to the ground rock with a stick. And ironically remarks: "the Builders thought building a fountain, but it turned out bath for the pigeons!"

And then enthusiastically: "Look, these pigeons are so funny!" Trying to figure out what's so funny Sasha saw those pigeons. "Funny dove" is grown Chicks. A little less than adult birds, more fussy, with skinny necks. Explain to Sasha that this is not the Chicks but not adult birds. "Ah! I got it! They Arseny!" — ingeniously remarked Sasha. Well, Yes, birds-teenagers. And I note with pleasure the presence of analogies in Cascina thinking.

See also: At what age do children understand the limitations

First aid kid at high temperature

We bring home trophies: cobblestone and a stick. The road to the house this time took one hour and forty minutes. But this is valuable time that I spent with the speed of the child. Live with the speed of the child — so have time to notice the color of the sky, the smells of the streets and their own emotions. Time to wonder and enjoy the simple things. Realize that life is beautiful.published

Author: Anna Bykova

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Join us in Facebook , Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki

Source: vk.com/brain_up?w=wall-70427221_21623

Tags

See also

New and interesting