How to make homemade Turkish delight: gentle, soft, slightly chewy...

I just love when my friends from their travels to overseas countries bring Oriental sweets as a souvenir! Gentle, soft, slightly chewy, fragrant and sweet cubes, sprinkled with powdered sugar...

"Turkish delight" is translated from Turkish as "easy pieces". There are so many types and names for this delicacy, which depend on the additives and the shape of the finished product. "Website" offers to prepare fruit Turkish delight with nuts — a feast worthy of a Sultan!

Turkish delight at home slovakhungarian
  • 1 tbsp. corn starch
  • 1 tbsp. sugar
  • 1 tbsp. of juicy berries or pitted fruits (strawberry, raspberry, plum, apricot)
  • 2 tbsp. water
  • 100 g peeled nuts
  • a pinch of vanilla sugar
  • 1 tbsp. powdered sugar

Cooking
  1. Grind the fruit in a blender.
  2. Mix plain and vanilla sugar with 1/3 of the fruit puree and 1 tbsp. of water, put to boil over medium heat (5-7 minutes after boiling).
  3. The remaining purée, mix with starch and 1 tbsp water, then a thin stream pour in boiling sweet mixture. Stirring, cook 2-3 minutes until thick. Corn starch can replace the potato, but in this case cubes will be weaker to keep the shape.
  4. Take off from fire, add nuts, stir.
  5. Misteli rectangular in shape with cling film, put into it a lot and spread. The height of the layer is no higher than 2 inches. After hardening (approximately 8 hours) get delight from the mold together with tape, cut into cubes. Roll each piece in powdered sugar and cornstarch.

A minimum of ingredients, and how delicious it turned out! It is believed that Turkish delight is particularly delicious after a week of exposure, but I am afraid that few people he was gonna be so long... This dessert with nuts like everyone.

Share the recipe of sweet Oriental tales!

Tags

See also

New and interesting