Swan retirement: grandma from the UK in ' 71 was a ballerina

71-year-old British woman, Doreen pici in childhood dreamed of becoming a ballerina, but in the end, as usual, chose a more practical path and became an engineer. However, after retirement, Doreen decided that still nothing was recognized once hopeless his childhood dream. Well, the main thing — desire. Now Doreen has reason to celebrate: her efforts were not in vain and she became the oldest dancer in the UK.

Doreen began taking dance lessons 10 years ago, after visiting in Canada, my niece, who works as a teacher of ballet. Since then, Doreen's weight dropped from 48 to 40 size and now he says he feels more flexible than ever, despite the fact that two years ago she had an operation on prosthetics of knee joint.

"I am very pleased that you passed the exam. I worked hard for this and was even a little surprised when I was told that I was the oldest of those who have reached this level of the exam," said Doreen.

Mrs. pici grew up in the British town of Southend-on-sea (Essex) in the 1950s. She remembers as a child was saving money to get on the ballet when the troupe of the Royal Philharmonic orchestra came with tours to local theatre.

But she did not dare to ask his father, who worked as a set designer, to pay for her ballet lessons because he realized that he couldn't afford it. "In elementary school, we were doing folk dances. From an early age I knew that ballet lessons were not for people of our level. In the 50s our family had no money for this. I understood that I don't even need to ask. And in addition to money for classes, because they need more costumes and accessories," said Doreen.

In July Mrs. pici passed the exam 6 level at the Royal Academy of dancing: she had to prove that it is able to perform a certain number of required pas.

Royal Academy of dance recognized her achievement: "congratulations to Doreen peaches, fresh member of the Royal Academy of dance!" — they wrote on Facebook.

Tags

See also

New and interesting