Stories of people who have proved that nothing is impossible

Ludwig van Beethoven, Albert Einstein, Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra - these names we hear from childhood. But few people know, through which they had to pass the test. They succeed only through the power of the will.

< Website is the history of people, to show the world that those who believe in themselves, there are no barriers.

Marlee Matlin

Being deaf to one and a half years old, she made her credo phrase "The only thing I can not do - to hear it." As a child, despite the advice of doctors, parents sent the girl to a regular school (instead of institutions for the deaf), and with the help of special programs, it has adapted with the times. Because of this it has become the first and only deaf actress, received the "Oscar". Marley often says: "I do everything for people to understand what I was taught by my parents that deaf deserve not only respect, but also to be heard»

Nick Vujicic

"I do not need arms and legs. I need a life. And never give up! "- A credo helped him become one of the most famous motivational speakers to get economic education, get married and have two children. Willpower Nick Vujicic has received from the mother. In an interview, he told me that her words set the tone for the rest of his life: "Nicholas, - she said, - you have to play with normal children, because you're normal. Yes, you have something missing, but it was nothing. »

He writes books, singing, surfing and playing golf. Frequently travels the world with lectures to help young people to find meaning in life, realize and develop their abilities and talents.

Stephen Hawking

As a student, Stephen began to show symptoms of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. The disease progressed, and after a few years he became completely immobilized, and after the operation on his throat had lost the ability to speak. However, this did not prevent him to his 74th twice married, with three children to grow up and become one of the most eminent scientists of our time.

Now he is - one of the most influential contemporary theoretical physicists. According to him, he has achieved success thanks largely to his ailment, "Earlier life seemed boring. Now I'm definitely happier. The prospect of early death made me realize that life is to be lived. So much can be done, one can do so much! ".

Frida Kahlo

Frida Kahlo - a prominent Mexican artist, who became famous thanks to his extraordinary paintings. At 6 years, she became seriously ill with polio, which is why one of her leg was thinner than the other. At this point, it began to form an iron character. To get rid of ridicule peers tease her "Frida - a wooden leg," the girl took up swimming, dancing, football and boxing

. In adolescence, Frida was in a car accident, because of which all life suffered severe pain in the spine. After the accident the girl a few months could not get out of bed. At this time, she constantly wrote the picture, in the majority - self-portraits. Now the works of Frida Kahlo are worth millions of dollars.

Ray Charles

Ray Charles - the legendary American musician who has received 12 awards "Grammy." As a child, I began to lose sight of, and to 7 years completely blind. When Ray was 15 years old, his mother died. The young man many days could not sleep, eat and talk. He was sure that would go mad. When he came out of the depression, I realized that having gone through this tragedy, can handle anything.

In 17 years, the musician began to record their first singles in the styles of soul, jazz and rhythm and blues. Now many people think of Ray Charles living legend: his works have even been included in the Library of Congress. In 2004, after the death of the musician, Rolling Stone magazine included Ray Charles at No. 10 in the list of the 100 greatest artists of all time.

FDR

At the 39th year of his life he contracted polio. Long-term treatment has not helped, and the future president remained confined to a wheelchair. Once he realized how serious the illness, no one had heard from him complaints. Having collected will in a fist, Roosevelt tried unsuccessfully to learn to walk using crutches and heavy orthopedic instruments. Despite his illness, he became president of the USA. "The only obstacle the realization of our plans for tomorrow may be our doubts of today" - Roosevelt said.

Helen Keller

In the year and a half after undergoing the disease Helen Keller lost her sight and hearing. But it did not break her spirit, she was able to realize his dream of becoming a writer: under her name were published several books and more than 400 articles. She was the first deafblind person who received a Bachelor of Fine Arts. In addition, Keller was actively involved in politics: fighting for the rights of women and workers

. Success Helen Keller has achieved thanks to its strong character and curiosity. She often said, "When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but we often do not notice her staring eyes at the closed door. »

Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

< br>
Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra in his youth was a war. At 24, in a battle he lost his left arm at Lepanto. Four years later, he was taken prisoner in Algeria and spent the next five years away from home. Only after his release, he was able to return to normal life and start his literary career. His novel "The Ingenious Hidalgo Don Quixote de la Mancha" is recognized as one of the greatest works of world literature.

Ludwig van Beethoven

In 26 years, Ludwig began to lose his hearing. But this circumstance it did not stop composing. When he had almost ceased to hear, he wrote "Moonlight Sonata" and being totally deaf, a play-Bagatelle 'Fur Elise "(the same one that sounds of music boxes).

Due to the persistent nature of talent and he has learned to listen to music inside, and after writing the 9th Symphony he conducted the concert. After a triumphant performance, he burst into tears. "For a man with a talent and love for the work there is no obstacle" - Beethoven repeated.

Albert Einstein

When Einstein was a little kid, it was difficult to assume that he will succeed in life. Up to three years, Albert was not able to speak with autism and dyslexia. While in high school, he often skipped classes because of what did not get a certificate. To show parents what he really is, independently prepared Einstein and the second time he entered the Polytechnic in Zurich.

Albert said: "We are all geniuses. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live all his life, believing himself
fool. »

Sources: Rustoria, Psycabi.net
Photos on the preview: Ryan McGuire

See also:
10 habits of great people, that genius borders on madness
They failed, but never gave up
Simple stories of great men

via www.adme.ru/tvorchestvo-reklama/prostye-istorii-velikih-lyudej-433505/

Tags

See also

New and interesting