Shelter for young sloths who have lost their mothers

In Costa Rica, there is a research organization, which since 2013 helps these little animals adapt to the wild. The organization works in three areas: research, search and compilation of papers devoted sloths around the world, as well as the dissemination of accurate information about them and their lives

. Sam Thrall, one of the founders of the organization, said: "In the sloth I like most is that they seem to themselves. I realized that the "cycle of life" requires different kinds of animals, including monkeys and evil and predatory cats. No offense, but some of them should be eaten. But they can be unattractive little animals that eat leaves, relax in the sun and enjoy how to scratch? In general, they are very curious and playful. This notice few, but it's probably the sweetest thing I've ever seen »

Sam calls herself Mother sloth:.)

authored Thrall number of books« Slothlove », devoted Trust her zhivotnym

People come to the forests, which is the greatest threat to populations of sloths. This was the reason for Sam to start in Costa Rica working on rescue and study of these zhivotnyh

One of the first initiatives was to help the young cast grow up, after which they were released back into the wild. In such cases, a "soft" lazy adaptation technique that allows them to get used to the quiet life in the jungle.

"Sloths need trees to survive. And not just the trees, and the right trees in sufficient numbers - a real healthy forest ", - says Sam problems. "People are making money on the fact that the catch sloths in the forest and show tourists. For animals is intolerable stress, they often die from it. In fact, even just live next to people sloths difficult. Simple trimming branches on the tree can affect their lives, not to mention the fact that a tree cut down. Plus power lines, cars. People should try to be more responsible with respect to the wild animals. »

Source Bored Panda, translation Pikabu

via factroom.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting