Raising her son's father - the impact on child health

© Dan Pierce

I decided to write this text after witnessing a scene from the life of the pope and his son at Costco store. Forgive me for my anger and despair ... And please, read this article to the end. I know it is long, but it is important to know. It is necessary to hear. This need to share.

We Noah stood in line for return of the goods, when I saw a little boy (he was no more than six years). He looked at my dad and asked timidly whether to buy an ice cream when they are finished with the chores. His father looked down on him and hissed through his teeth, so he left it alone and behaved quietly. The boy immediately pressed himself against the wall and stood there, motionless and resentful, for some time.

The queue moved slowly and gradually the child has moved back to his father, quietly humming a nursery tune and forgetting that anger, which to him has just shown. The father turned and scolded the boy for noise. The boy again shied away from him, snikshy again pressed himself against the wall.

I was outraged and confused. Why is this man not see what I saw? How could he not see what a wonderful angel stood behind him? How could he put out all the happiness that is given its own boy? How can this man not cherish the precious short time when it is all for his son, a man who means to his son more than anything in life?

We are left with three front counter. The boy began to move again in the direction of the pope. The father immediately went out of the queue, clenched his hands on the shoulders, while the son is not winced, and threatened: "If you izdash more sound or otoydёsh again on that wall, you're home I get." The boy again pressed himself against the wall. This time, he no longer moved. Not said a word. His beautiful face dropped, becoming withdrawn and does not express anything. He was coerced by. His father did not want to deal with him, and to break the kid - it was the easiest solution

. We wonder why so many children grow up spoiled.

I'll be blunt. People see my relationship with Noah and often put me on a pedestal or sing my praises, because I love his son more than other fathers. What nonsense! I do not understand it and will never understand. Loving his son, raise him, to touch him, play with him, to be with him - these tasks by virtue not only Superman. They have the power of any pope. Always. Certainly. And there's nothing special about me. I am a dad who loves his son and is able to do just about anything for his well-being, safety and health. I'm ready to get in the face with a shovel or a jackhammer on the leg, if going to pull up his son and make him feel ashamed.

Believe me, I'm not the perfect dad. And always will be so. But I'm damn, great dad, and my son will always feel at a height that would be his life or presented. Why? Because I know the impact that the father in the child's life and the level of self-reliance. I realize that everything I do or say will be absorbed by my son, to the benefit or detriment. I just do not understand how some dads do not realize it!

Pope! Your faces light up when you see your baby the morning after you wake up or when you come home from work? Do not you realize that all his notions of good and evil can be rotated around the fact that he read on your face at the first meeting of this day?

Pope! Do not you realize that your child is what you tell him about it? People are almost always correspond to the labels that are stuck to them. It is what did your child may really be "stupid things you've ever seen?" This truth was "the most ridiculous antics that they may have committed?" Do you really believe that your child is an idiot? And he - now believes. Bravo! Think about it.

Pope! Do you really think that anyone would believe in the way you find it difficult to move on and twenty minutes from the computer or turn off the TV, to play with your child? Do not you realize that the credibility of children will depend on whether the play with them their dad and how they are involved in the game? Do you know what damage you cause to children not playing with them every day?

Pope! Do you think anyone will buy a silly idea that anger is sometimes or often necessary? Do not you realize that anger is almost always the prerogative of the people who want to control others, unable to control himself at this? You do not know that there are great books and courses that can nauchitvas best practices? And most importantly, do not you see the speed with which the child breaks down or completely out of obedience that governs anger in the family? You are so insensitive to the radiance of the child's soul, that does not feel crushed when they wince or shrinks in your presence. This is really what you want from them? For they were afraid of you?

Pope! Do not you realize that your child wants to feel your touch? Can not you imagine how incredible and strong bond will have the touch of a daughter? You really do not know what persistent spiritual connections come at a time when you pet your son's bare back or blow into the bare belly of your daughter, telling a bedtime story?

Pope, wake up! These precious souls entrusted to your care, unique and very sensitive. Everything you say or do not say will affect their ability, success and happiness throughout their lives.

Do not you realize that your kids will make mistakes, and a lot? Do you not see what the harm is caused by poking your nose into his son's failure or forcing your daughter to feel worthless because of the fact that she hurt herself or spilled something? Do you see how easy it is to make your child feel humiliated? As easy as saying "why would you do that !?" or "how many times can be repeated ...»

Let me ask you ever look in his eyes swollen parent whose child has just died? I've.

Have you ever cried at the funeral of a child? I sobbed.

Have you ever touched the wooden box with baby inside? Until eternal grave, from which there will carry laugh more? I'm touched.

I pray you that never had a chance to experience.

If you need motivation to be the best parent on earth, do it all at least once.

Pope! It's time to tell our children that we love them. Always. It's time to show it to them. It's time to enjoy their endless questions, their inability to do things as quickly as we would like. It's time to enjoy their whims and desires. It's time to enjoy the expression of their faces and incorrectly spoken word. It's time to enjoy all that is connected with our children ...

It's time to stand up and ask what we can do to be good dads. The time has come to place our priorities. Time to come home and really be a dad.

Pope! It's time to show our sons how to treat a woman. It's time to show our daughters how they should expect treatment. It's time to show generosity and compassion. It's time to show compassion to our children. It's time to break social norms and to teach children a lesson of a healthy lifestyle! It's time to show the correct gender roles and discard unnecessary. Is it important that your son loves the color pink? This will bring harm to someone? Do not you see what harms, says the boy, what happened to him that something was wrong, since he likes a certain color? Do we not see the harm, when put in on our girls' label "tomboy" or on our boys - "girl" just because they have their own preferences and opinions about things? Things that do not really matter?

Pope! Speak softly with his sons. Talk calmly with his daughters. Who do you want your child was? You want him to be the person sitting in the school alone, without friends and self-esteem? Or do you want it to be so, who is running for the class council and feels that he is worthy of victory? Do we not see that in our power to give it to our children? Do we not see that in our power to teach our children the tools of social success?

Pope! We influence on children, saying that we believe in one thing and actually doing another. We have so little to help our children to make a decision what to believe, to state it openly and to live in accordance with it? Whether it is religion, politics, sports or social norms.

Not in our competence to indicate children what to think. But to teach our children think correctly - we can. If we succeed, we can not worry about what the children choose for themselves, and how strongly will defend their choice. Man follows his beliefs all his life, and for the convictions of another person, he will follow as long as not to plunge head over heels.

Yes, dammit, the Pope! Every child has the innate right to ask for ice cream and not be humiliated for it or broken. Every child has the innate right to ask for ice cream and not shrink at the same time in the corner of the fact that a man like him who is a hero, in fact, just a small little man. Every child has the innate right to be happy: and giggle and laugh and play. Why do they not allow it? Every child on earth has the right to a father who thinks before speaking; Pope, who understands that he gave great power - to shape the life of another person; a father who loves her child more than the TV shows and sports games; a father who loves her child more than their junk; a father who loves her child more than one time. Every child deserves a superhero dad.

Perhaps the truth is that many dads do not deserve their children. Perhaps the truth is that many of the pope's actually not the Pope does.

I apologize for my tone of the text. Maybe a part of me feels like a coward because of what I did not say anything to the man in the queue. Let this be my repentance. Maybe a part of me feels that even if only one dad reads this text and decides to become a better, if the life of even one child will get better, because my words touched his father, every second time that I spent, was not in vain.

Pope! Children - a gift. And we do not want to destroy it, but to create. So let's all go up together and show the world that there are a lot of good dads.

Tags

See also

New and interesting