Cursed Diamond "Black Eagles" or "Eye of Brahma" ...

There are stones and legendary death, which attract us more than the beauty of the mineral. These crystals include diamond "Black Eagles." The name "Black", as many jewelers, went on a bloody legend, but from ordinary steel-gray, which is not peculiar to diamonds. It is still unknown, where he found similar stone, and there are more of his counterparts.
Legend, which is enveloped by this mysterious diamond begins in India, where according to legend one unknown history monk pulled the then "Eye of Brahma", weighing 195 carats (and later became the "Black Eagles") from the eyes of the idol of Brahma in some abandoned temple Pondicherry area. It is assumed that this was when the stone was cursed by God defiled. However, in any chronicles India's diamond is not mentioned such an unusual color, which is considered to be in the country negatively.

Allegedly, as the "stone the devil's death" has changed several owners, who after owning this crystal committed suicide. So, in 1932, a dealer named Jay-double diamond Paris brought to America and decided to sell the stone, rushed from one of the tallest skyscrapers in New York. However, the reasons for his suicide are almost lit and poorly investigated, because society has decided that this action "Curse of Brahma».

After 15 years, according to legend, the "Black Eagles" consigned to the grave of the two princesses, who alone took his own life. And if the name of the princess-Galitsina Baratynsky, owned cursed stone, history at least is known, mentions Nadezhda Orlova does not appear in any historical records. By the way, some would argue that it was in honor of her diamond and named "Black Eagles." Allegedly, after her death, the stone was cut into three parts, to remove his curse, and the largest crystal bought this known to this day the name of a square and facet, while reducing up to 67, 5 carats. What happened to the other two parts, history is silent.

On a much more plausible version, diamond got its name because of its unusual color and Count Grigory Orlov, who gave a magnificent stone Catherine II. This beautiful legend probably invented to scare away thieves, what happened in reality. Or composed to raise the price of the crystal so unusual, because this color diamonds are very rare and stones "with the history of" the most prized by collectors. Especially, if they are beautifully decorated.

During these rare diamonds is taken not every jeweler, but the master of Winston from New York are not frightened at the time the terrible story of "Blood Stone". He exhibited it for all to see as a very unusual and expensive gimmick and then put "Black Eagles" in a platinum necklace with other diamonds. This ornament is many times passed from hand to hand, and the last time it was sold at auction, "Sotheby's" in his hometown jeweler - New York.
The current owner of the stone says: "In the middle of the twentieth century newspaper called it" a stumbling diabolical death, "but I do not feel nervous seizures due to the fact that I own" Black Eagles. " Last year I tried to dig up everything about the melodramatic fate of stone, and now I'm almost convinced that the curse is removed. " And I would add that "if it was generally».

From time to time a stone is exposed in several museums. Thus, the relatively recent "Black Eagles" was exhibited in the UK at London's Natural History Museum, where everyone could enjoy the unusual steel-gray magnificent diamond. The curator of the exhibition in London, Alan Hart believes that the intriguing legend of "Black Eagles" - is evidence of the power, the influence on the person, which for millennia had diamonds.

Tags

See also

New and interesting