Chinese woman 10 years played in Internet cafes, it is considered dead

In 2005, fourteen Yun Xiao (Xiao Yun) left home. Ten years her mother did not change the phone number, and waited for the daughter, although the girl is officially presumed dead. November 20, 2015 during a police raid Yong found in an Internet cafe, where she played in the network shooter CrossFire.

For ten years she has played and lived in an Internet cafe, where moonlighted as a cashier, and washed in public baths.

Photo: China-Mike.com i>

American psychiatrist Ivan Goldberg in 1995 jokingly coined the term «Internet Addiction Disorder». He had no idea that later enters the diagnostic criteria for the disorder, and disease in some countries will be treated compulsorily, solving the problem at the national level a >. In China, this phenomenon appeared widespread: in 2006 the rehabilitation of more than six thousand people, of whom recovered, ie steel sit at a computer and games for at least six hours per day, about 75%.

Goldberg invested in the concept of "Internet addiction" behavior with a reduced level of self-control, threatening to displace normal life. Sometimes the relationship makes a person leave the house, do not think about the career, forget about starting a family. Xiao Yong was fourteen when she disappeared
< / a>. Ten years she lived on forged documents, was sleeping in an internet cafe, washed in the public bath, and all the rest of the time playing games, including the South Korean shooter CrossFire.

November 20, 2015, ten years after the disappearance of the girl, the police found her in an internet cafe. They found a fake ID card, took the girl to the police station where found her story. Yoon was fined one thousand yuan - about ten thousand Russian rubles. The police then contacted the parents of the girl.

All ten years her mother was waiting for her at home, why not change the phone number. "I have a very short temper, I sometimes take it out on her. But that was ten years ago, now it has grown. I will never again curse on it, "- says the mother of Xiao Yun.

The obsession with the games and the Internet often leads to tragedy. In July 2002, due to a fire in an illegal Internet cafe
killed twenty-five people . Play twenty hours a Legend of Mir 2 man died . Wanting to join the heroes of the game, one teenager jumped from the roof of the building, the other - had killed his father because he did not let him sit on the Internet. Described herein cases occurred in China.

In Japan, the concept of "Internet refugees" there are more than seven years. After the loss of work, cuts in organizations people have no means to pay for housing. To avoid becoming homeless and sleeping under bridges, such people living in Internet cafes . Such tenants cafe owners have the right to prescribe. In 2008, the "cyber-refugees" in Japan was five and a half thousand people. But this is - a necessary measure, as opposed to the people who really can not and do not want to live without games.

https://player.vimeo.com/video/121705174 video>

Source: geektimes.ru/post/266416/

Tags

See also

New and interesting