7 questions that once changed my life

British writer Susie Moore, in his letter to share personal experiences and explained what changed her life.

From a young age we are usually taught not to ask a lot of questions: do not interrupt the teacher to hold their comments until the end of the meeting, count only on themselves, and so on.

And it took me a long 30 years of reflection to realize that simply take a risk and to dare to ask.

I realized that everything I have achieved in this life - moving to New York, a successful career and a meeting with loved ones - it's only because I was afraid that I was convicted of my questions.

The good news is anyone can learn it. If you are not afraid to act, then nothing is impossible.

I believe that your life can really happen significant changes due to these 7 questions. They dared me once to ask, and they changed the course of my life.

«Would you take my phone number?» When I was 20, I lived in Sydney, Australia. Once we have decided with a friend, go to a concert or not. We had almost stayed at home, but at the last minute is still gone.

I noticed in a crowd of tall, handsome guy and was delighted when he accidentally pushed me and we started talking. He made me laugh all night and seemed very kind and sincere.

Before we had gone with a friend to the concert, I asked him: "Do you want to take my number?" He went and called the next day.

Our fifth wedding anniversary this year.

«We can discuss my salary?» It was my first serious job, I was a recruiter and was engaged in negotiations on wages. Working in HR, I realized that the replacement of a good employee - a very long and expensive process. So, I realized that the scenes are quite valuable.

Since then, I agree on the salary on each new job and every time I achieve a good amount. As a result, I never complain about their wages and now get the same as some of my male colleagues (if not more).

Remember, you will always answer "no," unless you ask.

«Can I buy you a coffee?» When I was 25, I moved to New York with absolutely no connections, no internet and desperate need of work. I decided to make appointments in the employment of assistants for a cup of coffee.

25 cups of latte - and a couple of months later, I received two excellent proposals from firms on Internet advertising and chose the higher-paying option. This was the starting point for my future successful career.

Always value tete-a-tete.

«Could you help me?» Many of us are happy to help others, but we will never turn for help in return. Do not deny others the pleasure to help you!

Personally, I always turn to people for help, whether it is a request for a walk with my dog, help with the organization of a party or to bring with the right person. As I always politely and sincerely communicate with people, they usually are happy to help me out, and it makes my life much easier.

We must have the courage to ask another person for help, but remember that this is a natural cycle of reciprocity, which operates only when we ourselves allow it to act.

«I can write to you?» I wanted to be published in the media, who loved to read, and ventured to appeal to the editors with their ideas.

As a result, I was fortunate to be printed in several magazines, as well as to interview many famous people.

My theory is based on a formula that I learned during that time: Competence x Volume = promotion. This means that if you are dealing with people who make important decisions, often offering them high-quality ideas, the desired result will not be long in coming.

«You can do me a discount?» This issue has saved me thousands of dollars when buying things - from designer shoes and ending with antique furniture. I love a bargain, it reminds me of the game (even though it is sometimes confused my husband!).

Before you buy, I'm just asking: "We can agree?" I often ask to sell things at a wholesale price, or a sincere promise to write a review about us on forums, if I stay happy commodity.

Try it at least several times - and you "will sit down" on it.

«But what I really want?» This is probably the most important question of all, and I used to go back to it.

Do you remember the moment when you stop and ask yourself: "And what I want, really?" Did you ever not do this.

Just one day stop at least for an hour. Close your eyes, take a deep breath, calm down and look inward.

Ask yourself: "What do I really want?»

Remember, you do not owe anything to anybody.

I have had many difficult periods in life: early divorce, booze, fear resign because of a good salary and so on. In those days, I turned for help to her, to her intuition.

Intuition rarely fails. Ask yourself what you want, and career or personal life, or a bank account - all this will flow to the correct channel. Just trust your feelings! Believe me, this is what you need.

Author: Susie Moore
Translation Website
Preview: Chris & Sarah Rhoads

This is interesting:
A simple test: what's important to you really?
Why should I follow my dream, even if nobody will support
10 people who did not immediately become successful

via www.adme.ru/svoboda-psihologiya/10-lyudej-kotorye-ne-srazu-stali-uspeshnymi-665555/

Tags

See also

New and interesting