Anhedonia - the inability to have fun today

- older sister (28 years difference) swore when I was eating raspberries from a bush. Because raspberry - jam. Here comes winter - and both will be pleased to open a jar of homemade jam.

Somehow she did not think that there is a jam in the summer - also excellent. And pluck the bush almost blue on the ripeness of the fruit - delight.

In fact, nothing could be there. No strawberry (jam!) Or sea-buckthorn (dried and stewed fruit) or mushrooms (salt).

It was the summer residence of my father, which he had bought and where it went with great reluctance only because the baby (I) needed fresh air (as well as lice, persistent indigestion and mites on the head).

Dad went out into the yard, just to sunbathe. He was spit on jams, pickles and other horseradish and parsley - all of this on the market sold in buckets.

But as a child wanted a raspberry bush, then my sister and I had to make trouble. She could not calm down, that the reserves under threat. It is somehow not lived now, she always had plans for the distant future: berries - in the winter, black caviar - the New Year.

This is a wonderful character trait - the inability to have fun today. It is necessary to postpone, to stock, to prepare for that special moment when you can afford a bit of fun. And, most importantly, to forbid others to enjoy.

A friend told me that his aunt caught him, too, in the country, as he sought home for any bun or sweet, and said: "Enough of loafing!" It was not that she was going to use it on the farm. To the question: "Why?" - She replied: "But nothing!" And forced him to sit in the room.

Well - it's bad.

The mother of my friend before every vacation is experiencing panic. She mereschatsya earthquake, flood, robbery, disease. Too scared to leave the house - suddenly a fire, for example. Her husband, she does not trust. He believes that this teetotaler drunk immediately, lit a cigarette and - of course, will fall asleep with a cigarette. It may even result in what some shalashovok that vykradut its curtains. Or whatever it valuable.

You can not just like that to go somewhere and have a good time there. For indolence and happiness have to pay anxiety.

I have a friend who says, in all seriousness, such aphorisms: "There can be just as good. Maybe something will happen ».

These statements knock me out. I can not understand what it was about. I think that If you now good, then it will be even better because you are you absorb fun, and it is tan, it sticks to your skin, it protects you from the difficulties of life. < /

I had a very severe depression, and at this time I also thought that happiness is when I called ... more cause. Not now. Need a good reason to feel joy.

This syndrome has a name - "anhedonia». And "social agnosia." Psychiatrists beat me Jung's writings for the use of the term in vain, but angedonisty - too beautiful and appropriate name for the people who spoil every minute of your life, barring enjoy.

Recently, anhedonia has become so massive that it hits.

Lecturing on Facebook a picture of herself on the ocean - and immediately catch the reproaches that died Valeriya Novodvorskaya, Boeing broke new sanctions imposed in Donetsk tanks smashed railway and so on. You personally and your shorts and a towel and sunblock to blame.

People cling to these really tragic events that they distract them from even smaller, but still pleasures. It seems that suffer, grieve, and it became fashionable to be afraid.

That honestly: I am not afraid.

In a life always there is something frightening or alarming. With other people, with the whole country with your country, with your friends and your life. Most of this tough, and you worry and sympathize with, or you have very bad times, but the way of the world.

There is no other concept of life. It will never end, and prosperity will not fall down on us suddenly and forever.

If you can enjoy today, do it.

The father of my friend, who was in the Soviet Union twenty years made it impossible to make a film, had huge debts. But whenever he reborrow money, the whole family went to a restaurant. Not even to eat, and to feel that life - is not only a lack of money, anguish and vile Soviet censors. He charged that - and saved themselves. (Debt, if anyone is interested, then he gave).

You see, then we do not remember the bad and good. All the terrible forced out, and the good suddenly breaks out in our memory and shines as if it had just namyli and polished. And we only live these passages rather than a succession of troubles and tribulations.

I while I was depressed, scared of flying. Before fainting. Then again, I learned to do it, but aerophobia passes slowly and painfully - out of habit.

And once I take my place, I look out the window and realize that it is not afraid. No flying, no break or die. Because I'm happy. And I do not have to do any objective reason. I wrote a novel, for it has not received the Booker Prize, not invented a cure for cancer, gave birth to five children.

I'm just happy. I feel good. I love my life. I eat raspberries from a bush, and I go on vacation to relax - and not because I have a bulk of money, but because there is a desire.

The trick is that if you're happy, you are not afraid to live or die.

Recommended, it's interesting:

4 genetic causes of poverty (stories that will change your perception of poverty).
Parable of dejection
How to stop to take time off and start working

via www.snob.ru/profile/9723/blog/79344

Tags

See also

New and interesting