An elderly man in Phoenix calls his son in New York and says:
- I would not want to ruin your day, but I have to tell you that I divorce your mother. I've had enough of forty-five years of suffering.
- Dad, what are you? - Shouts the son.
- We can no longer stand each other - says the old man - we were tired and I hate to say this, so that you'll call my sister in Chicago and tell her. - And he hangs up.
The son calls his sister, who says overwrought.
- They do not get divorced if I do something with it! - She cries. - I'll take care of it.
She calls Phoenix immediately, and screams at the old man:
- You do not divorce. Do not do anything until I get there. I called my brother, and we both will be tomorrow. In the meantime, do not do anything, can you hear me? - And hangs up.
The old man hangs up and turns to his wife and says:
- Well, they come for Thanksgiving ... but we tell them at Christmas?