What experience can give you a piece of cardboard on Google

Many probably know about the project Google Cardboard. This is perhaps the most cost-effective solution for the virtual reality of the now existing. Like all brilliant - a simple device. It is a cardboard box for a smartphone with two lenses that allow you to look at the display of your phone on two huge screens showing a picture reducible brain into one whole. Smartphone copes with the task of handling the rotation of the head, and therefore creates the effect of virtual reality.

This year, Google, at its annual developer conference paid much attention to dive into the virtual world at 360 degrees:
- It was submitted to Jump - An array of 16 GoPro to capture spherical stereo video
- Declared support schools in the implementation of the virtual tours using CardBoard
- He had a conference room screen showing video from all sides of the room, which is not ambiguous hints about the importance of VR-direction for Google
- And, of course, to refresh the conference that year CardBoard.

Last week, my hands straight from San Francisco got just such a piece of cardboard.

Among the main innovations of the new version of Cardboard, if I may call them that, were made:

- Support shovels smartphones to 6 inches inclusive
- A universal key that does not require interaction with the magnet, and therefore, support any smartphone
- Now sdk is available for owners of devices with an apple on the back of

Review of the best, in my opinion, the application for CardBoard

Cardboard app
B>
Introduction to the world of virtual reality to start with a product from Google. This is the first demo project and it is still very interesting. Then you and the tour of the palace, and viewing of 3D-objects, and pleasant 360º cartoon.

I especially want to highlight the view of circular panoramas (PhotoSphere) from your gallery. Made "in haste" (not enough back button and select which of the photos to open), but the viewing experience through the magic cyclorama cardboard guaranteed to deliver a lot of joy to you and your family.

Youtube

С recently Youtube app for iOS and Android was also support playback of video content 360º. I was very much not looking. But, first, there is a special section , which lined shot using Jump and clip. Secondly, just on request «360 video» can find a lot of interesting movies, including horor- series and filmed three years ago, but only now caught in a wave of mainstream video Noize MC.

The first thing to try is a cardboard stereo 360º video for each eye when a picture is removed from an individual perspective.

Detail Recording magnificent concert by Sir Paul McCartney

and a set of special clips taken for VR-helmets

Unfortunately, the videos on Youtube have permission to turn a maximum of 1920 * 1080. That is, when we look at them through the glasses and we see only part of the scope of the overall image, the resolution is much lower. But two applications mentioned above, the rollers are loaded much more quality.

Everyone knows rollers with falling people pokatushek from virtual roller coaster. The Google Play there are several applications of this genre. IMHO the best of them, that's .

Just make your head whirl interactive application of the other attractions . I would like to note that the carton will not give you the same dive as professional helmets, and you are unlikely to jump out of his chair under the influence. But, nevertheless, it's a new experience of immersion in virtual reality.

Any sane Racing games from the genre could not be found, there are only is such .

There is a very good quality game about flying in space astronaut future .

Since the virtual reality gives us a new level of immersion, not only video horror gained popularity. Interactive horror, where you just sit in a chair and look around, or even use the lantern , to discern the nightmare unfolding in the darkness, in conjunction with the darkroom headphones and give a stunning effect. Try everything clearly.

The most impressive of all, it made for me had CardBoard quests. Unfortunately, I found only one, and it is very short . But I really enjoyed it.

Developers
If you felt an urge to make your own content for CardBoard, in the first set and follow the instructions of the remarkable демо-гайдлайна, what should be the virtual world.

Then you can begin to develop. If you close the engine Unity, then you will have good news to learn about Unity in support of CardBoard SDK . Do not forget that you can create a game for Android, and for iOS.
It can also be useful SDK for Android

Also, I recommend reading the article on the subject VR.
geektimes.ru/post/250496 - Good post about how to do things stand now with virtual reality in the world
geektimes.ru/post/248604 - A small overview of the available solutions for virtual reality

Source: geektimes.ru/post/251904/

Tags

See also

New and interesting