Google quietly launched a service data compression for the desktop version of Chrome

Service Data Saver for the desktop version of Google Chrome reduces traffic received at loading pages using server Google: when the expansion of Google's servers to compress data before loading web pages and checks them viruses. Data Saver works in test mode, and доступен download .

Google's service for data compression reduces the amount of traffic, speed up page loading and improve security. Traffic that goes through the company's servers, Google checks for the presence of malicious software. Previously, the service worked for Chrome on smartphones and tablets, but from March 23 its beta version is available for desktop browser. To work necessary Data Saver version of Chrome 41 and above. Service does not work when loading data using SSL and in incognito mode.

When this extension is enabled, Google's servers to compress data before loading web pages in Chrome (except of data downloaded over SSL and incognito). The official description of the expansion in the store Chrome i> blockquote>
 Google has demonstrated support for data compression in March 2013 features as Chrome 26 beta for the mobile operating system Android. Service has long been considered experimental, and in January 2014 officially became available to mobile users Chrome 32 for Android and iOS. The company promised to reduce the amount of traffic up to 50%. Data Saver on mobile devices is disabled by default, you can enable it by checking «Reduce data usage» («save bandwidth" in Russian interface) settings.

In Chrome on your smartphone (tablet) included less traffic?
Of course, it is as old as the world No, did not know about it No I do not need I do not use Chrome on mobile devices Just switched Voted 834 people. Excused 187 people. Only registered users can vote in polls. Sign , please.

Source: geektimes.ru/post/247996/

Tags

See also

New and interesting