Roscosmos and NASA - brothers forever

When the crisis in Ukraine, and the hype # krymnash sanctions passed in the acute phase, on news sites began to slip some disturbing news about space. That Russia in 2020 out of the project and builds the station , then NASA turns cooperation in all areas , then do some sheet describes even references do not want to give.

Especially enjoyable was recently seen on lenta.ru unusually positive news.

First , the work on the ISS are not collapsed, and continuing at least until 2024, and did not rule out the option of extending co-operation of the plant after 2024.

And until that time, is scheduled to begin work to create new ISS, and to the existing fifteen participants can join the project and other countries.
List of participating countries to Wikipedia, if anyone is interested: Belgium
Brazil
Germany
Denmark
Spain
Italy
Canada
Netherlands
Norway
Russia
US
France
Switzerland
Sweden
Japan

Second , Russia and the United States agreed to harmonize standards in the field of manned spacecraft docking. Here is a quote from an interview with Igor Komarov, the head of Roscosmos:

Roscosmos and NASA have agreed that we will support each other in the development and harmonization of systems that support the work of our joint space programs. We expect that our company will work on a standard, first of all, it concerns the docking systems, as well as other areas.
Blockquote> Nobody knows what people think about this the representatives of NASA, - but I hope that is about the same.)

But latest news even more interesting. The head of NASA, Charles Bolden made the announcement that the Federal Space Agency and NASA will coordinate work on the preparation of a flight to Mars:

We are working on a global roadmap for the development of space together with Russia and our other partners. The general direction of our efforts will be Mars. With the head of Roscosmos Igor Komarov, we discussed this issue, I estimate, which will be a time frame as to distribute the effort and finances, so as not to overlap.
Blockquote> News I liked. Nice to know that the joint space exploration continues in spite of everything.

The only thing that I was somewhat confused - is the lack of English-language sources on this topic. There are only news on Russia Today , but users on Reddit towards her полны skepticism and pessimism .) However, The Independent считает, Russia Today said that it is possible to trust. Interestingly, when the RAF had time to buy them?

Well, something in Russian, if someone suddenly want to read: times , два , three , four .

Mars, wait for the guests very soon!

Source: geektimes.ru/post/248008/

Tags

See also

New and interesting