Obezyanopodobny robot from NASA in 2015 to take part in the competition DARPA

RoboSimian , the robot from NASA, will leave in June 2015 at the annual competition DARPA Robotics Challenge . The team developing the robot for 2 years. RoboSimian moves on four legs with a lot of "joints". He is able to step over obstacles and move over rough terrain, walking on four "legs". In addition, bending 'back' feet, he finds himself on four wheels - a pair of "legs", the second pair - the bottom of the "trunk". Thus it can quickly roll on a flat surface. Also, the robot is equipped with seven cameras from different angles.

In the photo - a prototype robot two years ago i>

The competition DARPA Robotics Challenge competing teams, creating robots that have to act in dangerous situations close to the urban catastrophe. Whether it be a natural disaster, war or terrorism - robot to analyze debris, climb over piles of rubbish, open doors and operate the various levers and bars. This year, the robots also have to get into the car, hold it for some distance and climb back cut with tools wall, open the valve in the pipe.

Paukobezyana i>

Thank robots! I>

DARPA Robotics Challenge held by the Agency for Defense Advanced Research Projects United States since 2012. The contest developed various semi-autonomous robots and software to manage them. In addition to applications of these robots in a modern city, seen their use in future space stations and settlements on other planets.

Source: geektimes.ru/post/243577/

Tags

See also

New and interesting