Widow of the late husband made diamond

63-year-old widow from the UK found a rather unusual application of ashes of the dead man - woman made him a yellow diamond weighing 0, 75 carat.

When Glynis Barnett (Glynis Barnett) shows his friends a yellow diamond, it invariably is astounding. The fact that the gem was made from the dust of the dead husband British women, 64-year-old John.

According to Glynis, when her husband died after a long battle with throat cancer and liver, it is a long time could not decide how to do it with his ashes.

"Although we have been married for 42 years, but never discussed what to do if one of us dies, - says 63-year-old widow. - So, while I was trying to cope with his grief, the urn with his ashes was standing by my bed for 18 months. In the end I decided to diffuse it under a willow tree in our garden, but then I remembered the words of his friend, who somehow let slip that in the event of the death of her husband plans to turn it into a diamond. I thought that I could carry around a piece of John, and I liked the idea ".

A few months later, dedicated to gathering more information about the gems from the dead, Glynis finally decided to implement his plan.

"After I studied the materials on this topic, I contacted the company" Phoenix Memorial Diamonds "in Manchester and ordered a bright yellow diamond weighing 0, 75 carat. All I had to do - is to send 100 grams of ashes of John by registered mail and pay a deposit of half the cost of services - 2500 pounds (4148 dollars), "- she said in intervyuMail Online.

Production of diamond experts took 12 weeks, after which the widow finally received the long-awaited bright yellow stone.

Now she plans to insert a diamond ring and bequeath jewel of her daughter, 31-year-old Lucy.

"I think John would have laughed at my extravagant behavior because I'm pretty frugal person by nature, but I feel that I did the right thing, giving thus a tribute to my beloved husband. And I do not regret that paid 5,000 pounds (8,295 dollars), because now he is always there with me, "- concluded Glynis.

Tags

See also

New and interesting