Ferromagnetic magic

Artist from Sweden creates masterpieces with a magnetic field

Using oils, watercolors and nanoscale iron particles can create such psychedelic images that are not even dreamed of drink funny drugs and we have the pictures to prove it.

"I really like to use scientific phenomena in their work, a phenomenon which we are surrounded in everyday life. My goal is to capture all the known phenomena, and to do so poetically as possible ».

The photos below are from a series called Millefiori. They Efner mixed ferrofluid with watercolors, and then the mixture was placed in a magnetic field. Iron particles under the influence of a magnetic field lined up in bizarre shapes, which are shown in the photographs.

"Whenever I start working with a new material or investigate a scientific phenomenon ... I'm just experimenting with it. After a while I will come across something that you can use to create a series of images. It originated as a project with magnetic fluids ».

Arisen structure - tiny, but carefully calibrated microscopic lens allows you to see the smallest and the most vivid details mixtures.

Tags

See also

New and interesting