Colony in Kolyma, located near the village of Melt.

Colony in Kolyma, located near the village of Melt, became the heroine of many jokes, anecdotes and "thieves" stories. Among her "honorary" visitors at various times were dissident Amalric, known kingpin Jap. In 2005, the boiler broke down here, and the colony forever empty. The prisoners were transferred to other prisons, and here today are tours for tourists.

Colony №3 is located 300 kilometers from Magadan. The road is bumpy and nasty. Hard even at KAMAZ, on foot, and even in winter - almost unreal. Any prison - a small town. It has six heads and, privileged and resentful, live in it cooks, sewing and master mechanics. From other cities in jail by the absence of women and external isolation. Fence, barbed wire and mountains. And while it freezes and runs painfully slow.

In a punishment cell involuntarily imagine yourself in the place of prisoners colony and feel fear. Narrow corridors under pressure, cold walls cause a runny nose, and small cells give rise to claustrophobia.

In the cooler threw for 15 days those who shirk work. Camera from the corridor separates a thick steel door with a peephole protected prudently. On the plate was recorded as upekli prisoner in solitary confinement and how he left:

In the winter frosts in singles with broken windows certainly had hard times. Zeki doing exercises, rubbed his hands, huddled at the battery. Fed in the cooler sucks, especially during the Soviet years. Bread, salt and a little boiling water.

In the prison toilet, as you know, not to retire:

Abandoned barracks, workshop, utility room and workshop - reminiscent of purgatory. To be here for years - the enemy does not want. Though, probably, most of them prisoners deserved. On the area fell rapists, robbers and murderers.

View colony-style Google Maps:

Previously, criminals in jackets and earflaps cleaned the snow-covered territory Zone under the supervision of the guard. Today, the house, cut off from the mainland, derelict.

Several times tangled in the wire lying on the ground:

Administrative building:

For some reason reminded of an anecdote, a long time ago told scorched prison staff:
- Foreigners who arrived in the Soviet Union, ask the party workers: "You have a prison in the country?" "No, - answer those - we only have summer camp, go, show." Come to mean in a "camp", see - "kids" on the construction cost, bald, sullen and angry. "How old are you?" - Looking at them, wondering foreigners. "Seven," - says one. "Ten" - supports the other. "Twelve," - says a third. "Why so little?" "And in the USSR more than 15 do not give!»
Interlocutor such laughed out loud, and I just smiled sourly. Probably, people from prison his humor.

Melt in the colony had its own furniture shop and shop. Convicted often provide the needs of employees and people with IR will. For this they were given food. "Prison work has always been held in high esteem because convicts kanitelnye make qualitatively" - once said to me one Chelyabinsk offender.
I do not know, as before, but now the inmates often go to production only for additional svidanki, good recommendations from the prison authorities and the possibility of parole.

Among the mountains of trash found remarkable exhibit. Math textbook for Grade 5. I wonder how did it get here?

Recent newspaper dated 2005. Presumably then stopped boiler. Without heat were 300 inmates and staff colony. When the frost in the minutes of 50 degrees. All were evacuated and transferred to other camps. Logistics cost of one million rubles.

In the distributor convicts got a job to work:

The strangest balcony, which I've seen in my life. It is not clear who made it, and most importantly why?

Garage space garage. If drivers are not voluntary warmed convicted, their trucks for a long time did not go.

Boiler room:

Kolyma sat known kingpin Vyacheslav Ivankov, aka Jap. They say that in prison he had no time to prove its credibility. They say he even beat cellmate. However, Jap emerged victorious, and cellmate went to the detention center with the scissors in the back. And, freed, and all went to the other world.

The colony is located not far from the resort "Melt", which was built by convicts. None of the guests were not happy about the dangerous neighborhood. You never know! Suddenly, one of the offenders and thieves run away and attack?

In Russia from prison and scrip do not promise, but I do not know whose lives were sentencing and subsequent years 'suspended animation'. I do not know what people feel to be here in Kolyma. With the understanding that the ten years they will have to shake term among cold, hot and angry prisoners. Where every day casting. Corrected or not.
Abandoned colony similar to ice hell. Cold, dilapidated and lifeless. Enough for half an hour and you start to dream about one thing - to carry feet away and never come back.

From here

Tags

See also

New and interesting