Ghost on the Kara Sea

Once wrote a post about the New Earth, like everyone liked it, this time, being on a business trip in July (by the way, by the way, all the same New Earth) destiny brought me to the village Amderma. I sat there for a few days due to bad weather. And walking through the town nasnimal lot of pictures. I hope you will be interested as well as people who live in such a harsh outback.

54 photos.

Located village on the Kara Sea, has the coordinates 69 ° 45 '22 "N, 61 ° 40' 0" E

The first thing everyone sees come here - it Amderma airport

Already here you can grab depresnyak not weak))))

of the existing tower was only so meteo

After many hours of waiting, we still do not release from Amderma and we're going with the crew and passengers on vahtovke in town. There we promise to settle for the night.

Apartment most common of it even write nothing, all skormnee nowhere, but we will come and such (price 1700r way for hospital beds), after settling go for a walk ...

... By the way is a new kindergarten

there is also a children's playground ...

it also))

There is a small square dedicated to the great victories, followed and looked after, all painted, laid wreaths ...

Sabaki came pose

View of the Kara Sea, in July here you can still find snow drifts, and on the water full of icebergs and floes

Moved here in the Urals, snowmobile or ATV that's just such

Distance to the district center, Naryan-Mar, is 420 km. The nearest railway station is at 270 km in the city of Vorkuta.

The village is located above the Arctic Circle in the European part of Russia. Polar day lasts from May 20 to July 30, the polar night - from 27 November to 16 January.

The settlement was founded in July 1933 in connection with the construction of the mine for the extraction of fluorspar (fluorite), the deposit which was discovered in 1932 by prospecting party PA Shrubko. The organizer of the construction of the village and the mine for the extraction of fluorspar is a mining engineer Eugene S. Lebanon. Fluorite production (raw materials for metallurgy, optics, ceramic industry) on Amderminsk mine allowed the USSR to abandon import purchases.

Maximum number of people living in the village in 1980: according to the 1989 census, the population of the village is 5, 1 thousand. Residents.
Further, the mines were closed and the outflow of population from the village

Now the population of the village is about 500 people and continues to decline.

more photos

is the empty part of the settlement

MIG-15
There once was a military unit

UAZ

trash

more trash

met travelers from Moscow.

... And finally reached the sea

almost unsalted water, the water temperature as the weather report showed 0, 1C

Tags

See also