Arctic

In mid-May from the company «Machete Records» I flew into a humanitarian expedition to the far north of Russia, from Naryan-Mar - about. Vaychag - Amderma.
In my task was to deliver 130 kilograms of warm clothing from Moscow to the town Varnek. Inside the many landscapes of the Far North in the spring. via

1. What would reach Varnek first thing you need to fly to Naryan-Mar. With the city once a month flying helicopters for the most distant settlements of the NAO.

2. Naryan-Mar - the administrative center of the Nenets Autonomous District. The city is located above the Arctic Circle, is located in the lower reaches of the Pechora River, 110 km from the Barents Sea.

3. Abandoned ships all over the city looks very impressive.

5. Naryan Mar CHP.

6. Small and boring town in which you do not want to linger. Arriving at the airport early in the morning we wait until our Mi-8. We pass all border areas and fly to Varnek. Ticket to Varnek worth 7,000 rubles one-way helicopter to fly twice a month.

7. River Pechora and many kilometers tundra.

10. Every minute flight toward the Kara Sea, the snow is getting more and more.

11. Tundra - its main feature of the marshes in the harsh climate of high relative humidity, strong winds and permafrost. The plants in the tundra are pressed against the surface of the soil, forming interwoven shoots in the form of pillows.

14. The multi-kilometer pipeline stretches from the Varandey.

16. The first stop is the village Karatayka. The population of 600 people.

17. Karatayka - one of the few residential communities located in the Arctic, Barents Sea coast.

18. The helicopter met with Roman from Nizhny Tagil. Roman works for an energy company that is under government contract to 2013 should be to count the cost of all energy in the settlements of the far north. His trip lasts for more than 4 months. Very jealous of him!)

19. Arrived at the village on the island of Vaychag Varnek. Visibility is zero.

20. In all the villages of the helicopter is just 3-5 minutes, the engine is not jammed in addition to the airport in Amderma, there occurs refueling.

21. Quickly unloaded 130 kilograms of clothing for the residents, I ran back to the helicopter. If I have forgotten where I have returned to Moscow only after 3 weeks.

22. In my cargo to the island brought the mail and products.

24. Kara Sea coast.

26. The semi-abandoned city Amderma. Previously, there were more than 5000 people.

27. Amderma population has declined sharply in recent years in connection with the departure of residents. In 1969 lived in the village of 2, 9 thousand. People. Maximum number of people living in the village in the 1980s. According to the 1989 census lived in the village of 5, 1 ths. Inhabitants. In 1998, there were 1, 9 thousand. Residents. And according to the 2002 census in the village there were only 650 people. By 2012, the population of 300 people.

28. Brakonerky house. There hunt geese and deer. On hundreds of kilometers around a Tundra.

Source: http: //

Tags

See also

New and interesting