Tea pot in birch

Threw a fire in an open area and later realized that it was a mistake - the wind fluttered the flame in different directions and tested my patience north. For fixing the pot over the fire, I tied the tripod of sticks and hung the pot. Decided that the experimental conditions have to be the most severe and began to boil water over an open fire and waited - lights elm or not? Birch little scorching in those places where it was not cleaned the upper thin layer, but there was no fire. after a while the bowler was deformed. Under the action of the fire elm became soft and does not withstand the severity of the water and sag. Despite this, it was already clear that the birch-bark containers can heat water. But I had to boil water, warm or even hot water does not suit me.
Against deformation bowler I took action - removed it from the tripod and put a spacer of sticks, which helped keep the bowler shape and the water spills out. Realizing that the dancing flames on a desired constant temperature and I do not get it, I stirred up the fire and began to hold it over hot coals. Bowler immediately rustled and soon appeared bubbles that pleased me even more. Measure temperature, dipping his finger in water, it was harder and harder.
Over time, the water evaporates and at one point one side pot broke. I had to cool it with water. Soon the red coals went out and I took the chance to put the pot directly on the coals. And so on coal water in the pot finally boiled. I'm glad went into the house, threw a pot brewing, poured a cup of tea and drank fine birch tea with a unique flavor.

Source: slavyanskaya-kultura.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting