It seems that today we live in a crazy world, but - believe it or not - we've always lived in a crazy world. Judging by the photographs taken in the distant (and not so distant) past, the world was still a stranger, like the people who lived in it. Let SELF and cats in pantyhose seem strange to those who will come after us, through the years of commercials 100-200, and today we surprised strangeness of those who lived before us.
A police officer evaluates ankle beauty contestants in London. 1930.
2. Professional Piper shows off his catch. Pied Piper down in the sewer of Europe, and they were paid for each dead rat. Actually now so do in India.
3. Girls draw arrows to make it seem as if they wear stockings. 1942. In wartime, Nylon Stockings was in short supply, and the women had to go to all sorts of tricks to look fashionable.
4. The same day, when Sweden confused which side of the road she now must go. 1967.
5. Community members swimmers tires Seattle resting in a pond. 1953.
6. Techniques ship "map" of the memory 5 megabytes per aircraft in 1956. Wow, there will get the whole picture ...
7. The man is testing a prototype of a football helmet. 1912.
8. Only Batman on an elephant, 1967. Scroll further.
9. sing Nazis from Jewish shop painting to encourage Germans to boycott for closing stores. 1933.
10. ride? 1920s.
11. This weapon was invented for hunting water game, but it was soon banned because of inefficiency. 1800s. It is interesting that they did not agree?
12. Brewery England delivers barrels of beer soldiers fighting in Normandy. June, 1944.
13. Vietnamese orphans whose parents died in the war, flying to Los Angeles airport. April 12, 1975.
14. Alfred Hitchcock serves tea lion, starring as the logo of the company MGM. 1957.
15. Simulator for "rolling fat 'feet. 1936.
16. Salvador Dali walks his home anteater. 1969.
17. Women's boxing on the roof. 1938
18. Women in wooden bathing suits created to better hold onto water. 1929.
19. The portable sauna.
20. Berlin boy selling lemonade from a portable tank. 1931.
21. The US Border Patrol is trying to drag the offender across the border, so he did not run away to Mexico. 1920.
22. Aerial view of New York, proving that once all wore hats. 1939.
23. Japanese women covered their faces with shame in the courtroom in Tokyo.
24. Dinasfera - Unicycle electric vehicle, which could accelerate to 40 km / h.
25. The Soviet soldiers are fed polar bears from the tank. 1950.
26. The German soldier shoots a gun, standing on a horse. 1939.
27. A woman waits until workers have completed the London studio to collect her crinoline hoops. 1860.
28. Foot rollers. 1910.
29. Children playing with packs of German money. 1922. Because of inflation after World War banknotes in Germany have become virtually useless.
30. The concept of a portable TV. 1967.
31. Parisians go flooded streets on chairs. 1924.
32. A woman in a raincoat is designed to protect against harmful UV rays. 1946. Before the invention of suntan we had to defend themselves in various ways.
33. "Searchers sound" of the First World War were to determine which side of the approaching enemy aircraft.
34. The nurse is irradiated with UV light children. 1927. In the past, vitamin D is delivered to children through the tan, while this is not replaced by safer methods that we use today.
35. Belgian soldiers and their dogs harnessed gun on the way to the Western Front. 1914.
36. Participants in the contest "Miss beautiful eyes" in Florida. 1930.
37. Creative advertising for Malaria. "These people do not take atabrin." 1941.
38. The procedure for facial care products under the name "deep freeze." 1966.
39. Meeting of the fan club of Mickey Mouse. 1930s.
40. Actors, recording an episode of detective radio show "Hunters gangs." 1934.