Man of irons

Retired from the Tula region has established production of tanks in his garage
Natalia Radulov, Tula region, Novomoskovsk
"I always think about the tanks, from morning till night. Here I lay on the couch, like watch TV, and the thinking: how can I track tracked properly secure - retired Alex Mochalin personality Novomoskovsk known - it makes thumbnails legendary T-34-85, and into his garage tour It runs almost the entire male population goroda.- Some, of course, I feel a fool: why, they say, is necessary. I do not know, I'm in a different way and never lived ».
Armor is strong
Alex D., a welder by trade, armored vehicles makes life: started with cardboard and wooden models. To arm began in earnest with the beginning of perestroika - in 1985 "released" his first metal tank, "Then the world was alarming situation, and I, you see, she acted." His father, though criticized his work: "Why with hrenovney vozishsya? Do caterpillars simply rubber ", but was smiling when he heard back," Dad, do not bother, the tank has to be a tank. " Father is clearly proud of his son: "I went in." Dmitry Mochalin also "zhelezyatnik" in love with the technique during the war was a tanker. Holder of two Orders of Glory, savvy, he secretly fight revved his car - it's not allowed, so the engine will wear out, but the Germans were difficult to shoot in. "Our T-34 speed of 55 kilometers per hour, and the father of fuel - fyut! - Tightening up and went under 70. He believed that the engine still does not make sense to take care of. "Are we - say - a lifetime to ride on it will be? Yes, maybe tomorrow we'll burn. " The Germans just 55 kilometers calculated angle advancing - and wrong! While re-do everything, until orient - Two tanks had time to slip his father. " And Dmitry Mochalin always kept at the head of a battalion - even in first in Vilnius. Commanders considered him a daredevil, and he just knew that the first tank to knock harder on it only goes zeroing. Perhaps because of these tricks and provoeval almost half a year - a record. Although still three crew shifts. "He was a driver. If the machine, for example, in the side incited, it first out of her jump out of the hatch, and friends were killed - one in the crevices of the meat ... I tell how all of the crew were only one foot loader. His father, himself wounded, rushed to rescue the children, but there was no one, one leg in boots stand - Mordvinian they had a healthy, here's his big boots, and his father knew. He pushed, the legs fell and he got ».

After the war, my father worked as a turner at the chemical plant, which regularly gave rationalization proposals: one that demanded improved by something else: "But to him for this award - again, again!" All the houses also improved: a machine designed for cutting cabbage, grinding machine for potatoes - by starch. Kids toys made tractors, cars and, of course, tanks. "Of all the cans were not as serious as I have now. But at the time - something incredible. I went out into the street with a tank - wired his father did, with a remote control - and for me running the whole block, "Wow, let me steer!" Rebyatnya, guys grown constructed hills of stones, "Come on, call in. '" Alex D. believes that if in the postwar years, all were "sick tanks." "Propaganda was a powerful, all proud of our technology - when the" Thirty-te "in the movie showing, then we boys watched without moving. Armor is strong! .. And I have besides my father tanker hero. What! All my school notebooks were izrisoval these machines. Forever I love them ».

--img4--

For BMW diving
"In-law taught me:" Do not let Leshke messing with glands, and it will be as crazy as a father would always sit in the garage, "- laughing wife self-taught designer, Lydia Sergeevna.- And in our yard table was then - the men behind him drinking and playing dominoes. Every night they're swearing, fighting, falling directly under the table - oh! I beckoned to the window-in-law and said, "Mom, look. Like it? Let's better Leszek will zhelezyatnikom than a drunkard. '" So Lydia Sergeyevna never really irritated passions of her husband. Even when he took his entire salary to his "toys". He wanted a motorcycle "Voskhod-2" - took the credit. He wanted to "Ural" - to borrow money from my grandmother. I decided to become a search engine - bought him a metal detector.
Somehow Mochalin told that during the war on the lake in the Tula region under the ice left several dozen German motorcycles. "I immediately pricked up his ears, - says Alexey Dmitrievich.- Wow, military heavy BMW motorcycles at the bottom? It is necessary to raise! But for such an operation partner required. So I persuaded godfather, and he and I bought a winch, ropes and two scuba in a sports shop. Aqualung then cost 132 rubles, and we have salary - 110 ". Kum shortly before the divorce, so it is no one at home for such major expenditure is not abused. And Lydia S., her neighbor nor podnachivat "You Arrange your, Arrange," also rolled scandal: "I am, of course, I saw the box diving - stunned. But what has been done? Such husband caught. All his life he ezdykaet on me! »
None of the German motorcycle, but then failed to pick up. We could not even find them, even though the friends were diving with the depth gauge, fell nearly five meters. Mochalin for the occasion, even built a waterproof flashlight, "Remade the spotlight with" Moskvich ", a square. But even in muddy water it did not help - not a damn thing in sight. In addition, without suits at a depth of very cold, we though the young were not kept. " But Mochalin still do not lose hope, regularly goes to the lake. Last year, it floated on a boat with sonar. "I swear, I saw on the screen the outline of HF, the Soviet heavy assault tank! But I drifted over. One hundred meters sailed - wham! - Sounder displays the T-34. Eyes do not believe, either a freak of nature, or I moved! Then he was looking for, he could not find the place ... Now everything will be taken away, of course, even if from the bottom of some equipment and get one. But I still dream: Oh, if you could pull out of the Lake T-34, to take into his garage and repair it there, repair ».

--img5--

--img6--

"Lech, sell tank!»
After retirement, the 61-year-old Alex D. spends in the garage for 12 hours a day - is now in his three models of tanks, the figures - more. There would have been possible - an entire armored division would create. "Tanks do not happen - uveren.- And our country must do more of these machines. Time after alarm again. You look like the Americans pluck. We can stop them only if we show strength ».
His power of a development Alex D. increases tirelessly. "Varya joints and trimmed grinder, podshlifovyvayu were minted. Sometimes I forget and eat. One problem: the difficulty with the material. I'm trying to do is almost a complete copy of even thick armor take into account, anyhow not sculpt. With sheet metal is no problem, we buy on the base. But I need, for example, the tube to the inside was 10, and 16. It seems from the outside via the Internet have found one, but it costs 12 thousand. Well, where? Here I think, how to get out, how to do it yourself. I've already spent a large tank almost 40 thousand ».
"In general, we sit without money - sigh Lydia Sergeevna.- I pension 9000 and has 9 - like Gypsies, who a day never worked. Before her husband though he is moonlighting repairing machines, and now all of a garage in the tanks. I told him: sell small tank, a repair in the kitchen! "Alex D. heard it, throws," No! This - never! "Designer nervous from the very thought that may be deprived of the" little ":" He has the character, you know? I feel it a little insulting. He stands in the garage, and is jealous of the big: here, they say, the more powerful, stronger in length - two meters, weight about 200 kilograms, but I but stalwart, more nimble, I have electronics inside - try to catch up. Certainly I think so. All the tanks - the person ».
Buyers walk in circles around the garage, "Lech! Sell ​​tank, eh? "Recently, a businessman offered good money for the" small ", but so far only Mochalin waving his arms:" No way! Here's a great dostroyu and maybe only selling to someone - even boast. " However, he admits that in general any of its armored handsome not be separated, "But money is always needed. We have to sell one tank to start production of the new. Right now I have planned even more scale model of one to two is the size of a "Zhiguli". Wow behind them leave something - grandchildren memory. And when they remember me, though I roll over in his grave will not ».
The younger grandson, 8-year-old Alex, named after his grandfather, leads to the garage of his classmates. "They stand around my circle of cars, little eyes light up. And I have the grace of the heart overflows. All my guys are jealous because he is not only a computer can "in tanchiki" play, and live. When I started to do a new tank, the grandson once asked, do so that I could have it my friend ride. I had to do, now they are put back together. " Senior grandson Dima, a top aide Alexei Dmitrievich garages, now serving in the army, he asks for a magazine with a grandfather's tanks, "I'll show all of the pictures in: that's what I Grandpa».
"I am happy at all - explains Mochalin.- I have a good family, a favorite thing to eat. Other retirees depressed, do not know what to do. And I live every day interesting. Sometimes I get tired, tried and tested. Then take control, expel a tank on the road - it was beautiful, no strength. The men from the neighboring garages shout, "What Lech again play?" Well, yes, I am. Willfully and on a shower immediately easier ».

--img7--

Source: kommersant.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting