His Serene Highness Prince lands. Oranienbaum

I think it's time to present my "area" habitat. So, ladies and gentlemen, I offer you the Oranienbaum (Lomonosov aka aka Rambam).

For those who do not know where it is - it is the most south-western region of the now St. Petersburg. Former Russian lands of state and military leader, Dark Prince, and the favorite companion of Peter I, the head of the Supreme Privy Council and de facto ruler of Russia, Alexander Danilovich Menshikov.
Actually the full title Menshikov was: "Shining the Holy Roman and the Russian state, Prince and Duke Izhorsk; in Dubrovna, Mountain-slides and Pochep graph, the Crown and Mr. Ariniburgsky Baturinskii, His Imperial Majesty the All-Russian commander of the troops generalissimo, the Supreme Privy Counsellor valid, state military college president, governor-general of the province of St. Petersburg, the lieutenant colonel of the Transfiguration of the Life Guards, Colonel over three shelves, the captain of bombardirsky from the All-Russian Navy vice admiral of the white flag, holder of the Order of St. Andrew, the Danish Elephant White Polish and Prussian Black Eagle and communication. Alexander Nevsky Cavalier ».
"Poluderzhavny lord," as he wrote about it AS Pushkin.

City Lomonosov, which until 1948 was called Oranienbaum, is one of the most beautiful garden and park ensembles near St. Petersburg.
Oranienbaum originated in the early 18th century, almost simultaneously with Peterhof. While associate of Peter I, Alexander Danilovich Menshikov was appointed governor reclaimed from the Swedes Ingermanlandsky edge, and in 1707 he was granted land on the shores of the Gulf of Finland.
For his country residence Menshikov chose coastal area opposite the island of Kotlin. On this site was erected the Great Palace, with its magnificence outshines even built nearby in the Peterhof Palace of Peter I, and defeated Lower Garden - one of the first regular gardens in Russia.
The historic city name translated from German means "orange tree". This name is most likely due to the fact that in the palace of Oranienbaum greenhouses cultivated exotic plants, including orange trees.
Later, during the reign of Catherine II was created in Oranienbaum palace and park ensemble, called "Own Dacha". The ensemble, construction involved the court architect Antonio Rinaldi, entered Upper Park, the Chinese Palace and Sliding Hill.
So it happened that I live 700 meters from the Palace and 500 meters from the sea. Well, no that's what I want to tell you, I will not show you the Lomonosov for tourists, such as this

I will try to show you the other Lomonosov.
So here we go.
Monument to the young native Arkhangelogorodskaya province,

Here's a school we have. YaPovchanina ButtlePorc she obviously interested.

Just in case the larger fragment of the pediment.

That seemingly neat what that government house.

And what a remarkable board on it.

Yes, here it was. They say that inside the building there is an exposition about Fedorov, to my shame I did to her and did not get to. A "Great Google" says the following: "... Russian gunsmith V.G.Fedorov began work on remaking magazine rifle sample 1891. in automatic since 1905. For assistance Fedorov rifle chief officer landfill Infantry School NM Filatov appointed locksmith VA Degtyarev. The rifle is an original design by the regular cartridge has successfully passed all military tests in 1909-1912 years. Tests were cruel: weapons left on the night in the rain, exploded dropped into a pond, carried on a cart along the dusty road, and then check the shooting. For this rifle Fedorov was awarded a large St. Michael Award (Gold Medal), issued every 5 years (This prize was awarded and SI Mosin). .. »

By the way was also a hand gun Fedorova with cover from Lewis.

Well leave the technique and move on to walk around the city. These are the streets here. Lepota)))

And though I can that say about their Ponds, the merchant, the GDR (Citizen to the creek), Germany (the trendy area of ​​Citizen), well, there you do not have such beauty. Wednesday survival and habitat still different things. When was the last days of heat, and the whole Peter raced to the bay and other bodies of water, trying to find a piece of free beaches, lomonosovtsy went to Red Pond, where even in the thick of it was freely and comfortably.

Although we prefer to go here))

At 300 meters from the pond there is a great new stadium.

Across such architectural delights.

And the dragon with a burner next.

Now let's go to the sea. According to our "Odessa" ladders

That's what we see along the way.

Larger plaques on the stele. No comments.

Photo 2

Photo 3.

Well here we are at the very blue sea.

This is the place in the winter.

In our harbor came the ships ....

And about life korablyatskuyu ...

Lomonosov lighthouse. Alas modern. Already without caretakers ((.

Proximity to the sea affected the city. Yacht cooperatives slightly smaller than the garage. Before the entrance of one of them.

And I like my neighborhood, that's for such congestion. Picture taken today at 15:00. Peterhof highway. 35 minutes from Moscow railway station.

The center of the sleeping neighborhood Lomonosov.

I know every one sandpiper its own nest, but I live in my area is very comfortable.
On that you and goodbye and left to live in the blue sea ...

Tags

See also

New and interesting