And let me tell you about one place that does not even know most of Pskov, but went from Orthodox Russia. This place is called Vybuty village, and around here, the Grand Duchess Olga was born. About her and about the place of my post and my pictures from different years.
2. It all started with the fact that somewhere in the 9th century. n. e., and possibly earlier group of Vikings, for whatever reasons, decided to move from its northern edge somewhere south. Roaming downstream huge river, which is now called the Great River, they found the place reminds them native rocky fjords.
3. Therefore, the Vikings decided to settle in these lands and established a settlement where about 890 years in the area of the base things in the family had a girl named Helga northern name.
And although the place of her birth to legends considered Vybuty churchyard, but she lived a couple of kilometers down the river, where there are now gardening companies "Pier".
4. The fact that there is really a place extremely ancient, say mounds over the river - some of the things that have been found by archaeologists in these mounds are comparable to 1-2. n. e. (!) But even though they are protected by the state, last year there was a scandal when some people decided to build up the area around the cottages and mansions. The issue with the buildings are still not completely resolved, the land marked out, the fences are, and the inhabitants of the surrounding villages are betting on who will win the history of Russia or loot. Of course, when building mounds hardly endure: their reversal or make garbage.
The photo is one of the mounds.
5. About what happened in Vybuty, tell chronicles and legends. It is not known how the legend is true, but it was so. Grown Helga moonlighted "as a cab driver." Funneling travelers into their boat from one bank to another.
That place is called now "Holguin sleeve" - he formed the Great River dividing into two streams a small island. Now the river is great is not the same, and in dry weather sleeve becomes shallow.
6. Once a famous Kiev prince named Igor hunted in these parts (we must imagine how much this hunt lasted if it skidded from Kiev to Chud land). And when the guards on the way the prince stood River, Prince demanded to be moved across the river. There actually found and Helga with his cupped.
7. And while Helga drove Prince across the river, he princely delight. Maiden, weary prince - a common thing in those days - try to deny. And he began to covet the Helgi Igor. But she was a girl and a proud prince promised right from the boat and drown if he will dismiss his hands. The prince was taken aback by such a determination, and Helga, once broke Prince template also brainwashing him wise speeches supposedly worthless Grand Duke of engaging in improper conduct, he is an example to all Slavs, and all that.
8. Prince suddenly felt ashamed of his behavior, he was troubled, quickly crossed and rode to Kiev. What was the surprise of local, when some time later in Vybuty prihali matchmakers proposing Olga marry the prince of Kiev.
This is how a girl named Helga became Princess Olga, and with it began the history of the Russian people.
9. Despite the fact that Igor surrounding nations were pagans, Olga considered myself a Christian. Guided to his son Svyatoslav Christian failed. And here is the granddaughter of Vladimir influenced. Grandson grew up and was baptized Rus.
But we will return to the attractions Vybuty. The river itself is very small and fast, flowing between rocky shores of limestone. The river can be forded almost anywhere, something where the bottom is a flat polished plate millennia. During the war, there was a ferry tank.
At the junction of the plates are formed vybutskie famous rapids. It appears that water boils at these locations. Over the river stands the constant noise of falling water, like waterfalls.
10. Heart Vybuty is the Church of Elijah the Prophet, dating from the 15th century. This is a classical example of Pskov architecture (we had a unique style of Pskov-Novgorod architecture) I found her in the Soviet era, when it was abandoned, overgrown with grass, among the ancient trees. However, Soviet atheists, atheists have restored it in 50 years after heavy damage by the Nazis (restored its incredibly steep Pskov restorer Vsevolod Smirnov, who was also, unfortunately, very few people know). So she stood in the grass in the midst of the local graveyard to 2000-tion.
11. And in the 21st century Pskov diocese remembered the chapel and took her to the balance. Cut down a tree around, built a farm nearby. There are chickens and rustic toilet. The local priest assigned to the church, even as it proposed to spend the night in shelters in exchange for a feasible work: chop wood, fetch water. Now here carry the pilgrims, and the place lost its charm abandonment. But still - it looks soothing, regardless of whether you are a believer or an atheist.
12. Near the church in 1993 was raised a memorial stone. It is often confused with the so-called "Holguin stones" (described below). On stone plate screwed "Churchyard Vybuty - birthplace of the saint of the Russian Princess Olga." Funny that Princess Olga was never Russian for two reasons - it was Kievan princess (again), Russia, and even Russia during her life as such nebilo (two). But in the 90 years after the fall of the Soviet Union general hysteria about shrines and touched this place.
Below the inscription is printed beneath the main one more stupid "praise thee blessed and Princess Olga and honor thy holy memory idols and many people trampling Russian holy baptism enlighten».
Nevertheless, not counting tablets, stone and pretty impressive - tall with human growth.
13. Look at the stone closely. Its hardly brought from afar. These boulders around quite a lot. I understand that they have brought here the glacier during the time it is.
14. If you go from the church to the northwest along the path strewn with gravel, then we arrive at an unusually holy place. In fact, it is located on the edge of the holiday quarter - yes, Soviet officials also did not bother too much about the reserve and gave the space around the chalet under construction.
So. Behind the bushes, three hundred meters from the church is the Stone of Holguin. This stone - according to one all that remains of the chapel, on the other - the remains of a large stone. Actually chapel was set in 1888 (possibly on the site of the chapel once set itself Olga), and then dismantled by local peasants on building material. Stone as in Soviet times, blew Bolsheviks probably to get rid of prejudices population there.
Now it's a pile of stones on a granite base, thoroughly and casually cemented (as pilgrims take away the stones in one go) and topped by an iron cross, which is put on here is not very long in the same 1993 and consecrated in 1994. A sign reads: "The place of the chapel of Saint Olga. Holguin Stone. " Behind the monument begin thickets, leading to a career.
15. Vybuty also known stone-sledovikami. This is generally an interesting topic. Such stones in the lot, and even more in their legends Pskov region. Stones sledoviki this huge boulders, which are found deeper than natural origin. It is believed that deepening made almost Magi pre-Christian period, and served for pagan rituals. It is believed that stones sledoviki possess mystical energy that can heal good people and punish the wicked.
Incidentally one stone sledovik flaunts almost in the city center at Victory Square - where the entrance to the summer garden. One set of boulders - sledovik (though the trail is difficult to find due to the fact that the stone was badly damaged by natural causes). Another famous sledovik legends - a Crow Stone, which appeared during the Battle of the Ice on Lake Peipus, and then mysteriously disappeared also.
That's one of the stones in sledovikov Vybuty. It lies to the east of the church at the roadside grass.