Steve Jobs's death

«Even people who want to go to heaven do not want to die for the sake of it».

"About a year ago I was diagnosed with cancer. At 7:30 am I got a scan, and it clearly showed a tumor on my pancreas. I do not even know what a pancreas was. The doctors said that it is almost certainly an incurable type of cancer, and I only live three to six months. My doctor advised me to go home and get my affairs in order, which is doctor's code for prepare language to death. It means to try to tell your kids for a couple of months, all that you hoped to say in the next 10 years. It means to make sure that everything is buttoned up so that your family was easily as possible. It means to say goodbye.

I lived with that diagnosis all day. Later that night I did a biopsy - stuck an endoscope down your throat first, then passed through the stomach and intestines, put a needle into my pancreas and got a few cells of the tumor. I was sedated, but my wife, who was there, told me that when the doctors viewed the cells under a microscope, they started crying because it turned out that I have a very rare form of pancreatic cancer that is treated by surgery. I had the surgery and I'm fine now.

I never stood so close to facing death, and I hope that will not be closer to her a few more decades. After going through it, I can now say this to you with a bit more certainty than when death was a useful but purely intellectual concept:
No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven do not want to die for it. And yet death - a destination for all of us. No one has ever escaped it. And so it should be, because Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. She - the cause of the movement of life. It clears out the old to make way for the new. Who is new - it is you, but someday not too long from now, you will gradually become the old and be cleared away. Sorry to be so dramatic, but it is absolutely true.

Your time is limited, so do not waste it living someone else's life. Do not be trapped by dogma, which makes the thoughts of other people live. Do not let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary. "

Source: mirfactov.com/

Tags

See also

New and interesting