9 Tips Thirty Years FROM THOSE FOR 40

"If I could go back and start all over again, I would start to eat healthy and engage in sports without stopping. Then I found an excuse, but did not represent the consequences ».
Writer and entrepreneur Mark Manson addressed to my blog subscribers over 37 years, with a request to share their experiences, produced in the period from 30 to 40 years. Combine all the answers, Mark was an impressive piece of collective wisdom:

1. Start taking care of your health now, without delay
Your mind feels for 10-15 years younger than the real age of your body. Your health goes faster than you think, and you do not even have time to notice this.
Your body does not break down all of a sudden one day, it gradually destroyed unnoticed for many years. Over the next 10 years, you should slow down the destruction.

2. Do not communicate with people who treat you badly
Learn to say "no" to people, actions and commitments that do not carry any value to your life. Do not tolerate people who do not treat you well. Do not tolerate them for financial gain. Do not tolerate them for emotional reasons. Do not tolerate them for the sake of your children or your own good.

Usually people overcome their own limitations, because they find it difficult to hurt other people's feelings or they fall into the trap of wanting to change the other person, like him or make him feel better about himself. It never works. Twenty world seems to open, full of opportunities, and lack of experience makes them cling to people, even if they do not deserve it. But thirty-year have already learned that there are good relations with great difficulty that the world is always enough people that should be friends, so there's no reason to waste your time on people who do not support us on our path of life.

3. Treat well to those you care about
Tragedies happen in everyone's life, family and friends of each person. Be a man, who is in such moments can be calculated. The gap between thirty and forty years - a decade when you and your loved ones starts to happen a lot of problems that you can not even think. Parents die, your spouse die or change, children continue to be born, bred friends ... the list is endless. You can not imagine, perhaps, how much it can help a person at a time, just having stayed with him, heard it, without judging.

4. anything else you will not achieve - focus on what you get really good
In life, everything is built on compromises. You sacrifice something one to get the other, and you can not get both together.

Most people choose a career at the turn of the twentieth, and, like many other make a choice, this is often a mistake. It takes years to find what we really good at it and brings pleasure. It is better to focus on its main strengths and bring them to the maximum, year after year, than to succeed in a half-something else.

5. Do not be afraid to take risks, you can still change
Although the age of 30, most said that they should adhere to the chosen path, never too late to start all over again. Society requires us to "decide" to 30 years - with a career, marital status, financial situation, etc. However, most of the answers the question of Mark Manson argue that you can not let the expectations of the "adult" hinder you to take risks and start all over again.

6. You must continue to grow and develop
"You have two assets, the loss of which will not fill: your body and your mind. Most ceases to develop and work on himself after thirty years of 20. Most are too busy to worry about self-development. But if you are one of those few who continue to learn, to develop their thinking and take care of your mental and physical health, for 40 years you will be light years ahead of their peers ».
- Stan, 48 years

Many readers of the blog notes that the decision to sit down again at the desk in thirty years - one of the most useful things that they did. Someone recorded on courses and seminars. Someone first started your business or move to another country. Someone began to visit a psychologist or begin to practice meditation. Your goal should be the number one desire to become a better person, partner, parent, friend, colleague, etc. - In other words, to grow as a person.

7. No one understands what he is doing. Get used to it
If you are not dead - mentally, emotionally, or socially - you can not predict your life for 5 years. It will not go the way you expect. So stop assume that you can plan ahead, stop suffer what is happening now, because all the same things will change, and overcome the desire to control the direction of your life.

8. invest in your family - it's worth it
Spend more time with loved ones. When you're growing up, your relationships are changing, and how they change, depends on you. Your parents will always see your child as you do not show them himself as an independent adult. All age. Everyone dies. Use your allotted time to build the right attitude and enjoy family life.

9. Be kind to yourself, respect yourself
Be a little selfish and do something good for yourself every day, something else - every month, and something remarkable - every year. There is no one who cares or thinks about you as much as you can. Life is hard, so learn to love yourself now, because then it will make it harder.

And finally - the important words:
"When I turned forty, my father told me that I would have liked to be forty, because in twenty you think you know everything, at thirty you realize that this is not so, and forty you can finally relax and just take things as they are. In my 58 I want to say that he was right. "
- Martin, 58 years old.

Tags

See also

New and interesting