Windows 8.1 with Bing defies Android: one gig of RAM is sufficient again

History has passed the next round: still demands operatsionok Windows to iron mostly grown, but the rapid development of the mobile segment led to the fact that they had fallen back to the level of "somewhere to Vista" for the sake of expansion on mobile devices.

If you remember, was released in April update Windows 8.1 отличился promise to support devices with the characteristics of 1 GB RAM and 16 GB of total memory. And for partners, manufacturers of gadgets with a screen diagonal of less than 9 & quot; She was promised to the same charge. That means that Windows has got into a niche cheap gadgets, which still reigned unchallenged Android.

And now Microsoft объявила, that this version of Windows 8 for budget devices called Windows 8.1 with Bing , and in the next two weeks in the run-up to and at the very Computex trade show in Taipei will be disrupted veil from several devices with the OS on board.

Name, of course, not so hot, but once again confirms in whose garden stone: we also have search! - How to shout it. Indeed, Bing will of default search engine in Internet Explorer on these devices. However, as stipulated in the announcement, to change the search engine will be no problem - as does, I suppose. Bonus for those who are still afraid of a combination of words Windows, Internet Explorer, and 1 gigabyte of RAM will be free one-year subscription to the Office suite 365 on some devices.

Plus as Android still remains its openness - any Chinese can put on your iPhone clone without any permission from Google. But, of course, that the outcome of this battle will decide not bungler with rice fields, and an agreement with the major vendors budget smartphones. Will gratuity W8.1B (sorry, I could no longer recruit every time it entirely) a sufficient argument to migrate to the platform without Microsoft bought the entire company? I would not have made big bets on MS, but we'll see. The competition here is only for the better.

Source: habrahabr.ru/post/223965/

Tags

See also

New and interesting