Europe has recognized its dependence on Russia? Funk?

Merkel spoke out against the adoption of economic sanctions against Russia.

German Chancellor Angela Merkel spoke out in favor of solving the crisis over Ukraine's political means, without the imposition of economic sanctions against Russia. She stated in Berlin after a meeting with South Korean President Park Geun-hye.

Head of the Government of Germany indicated that the West "has not reached the stage, involves the introduction of economic sanctions" against Moscow. "And I hope that this can be avoided," - said the Chancellor. "I'm not interested in an escalation, on the contrary, I am working on de-escalation (the situation)," - said the chairman of the Cabinet of Ministers.

German experts agree that economic sanctions against Russia would have a negative impact on the German economy. Turnover of Germany and Russia in the past year amounted to 76 billion euros, business with Russian companies are about 6 thousand German companies, and the total amount of investment is 20 billion euros. Around 300 thousand jobs in Germany depend on the economic relations with Russia.

Earlier today, Russian Finance Minister Anton Siluanov in an interview, "Russia 24" commented the actions of rating agencies to change the outlook on the sovereign rating of Russia.

"At the moment the alarm of investors associated with the consequences of sanctions. We see that the rating agencies and its outlook on Russia dropped. Certainly, it is alarming, - he said. - What kind of a basic reason to change the overall stability of the Russian economy is not ».

He said that Russia has a strong balance of payments and current account balance is improving. Siluanov also mentioned hopes of foreign investors that the situation with sanctions "is a time».

According Siluanova, "sanctions are not needed to western companies, nor Russia».
"I hope that sanctions will not be quantitative increase. The measures that have been taken against certain persons and entities have their effect. The general mood around Russia became nervous. But the conditions for the business we are good. I urge foreign investors to look at Russia as a reliable partner on ", - the minister said.

Source.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting