The second life of an old radio.

I do not know about you, but I really like the old (70 years x 80 x) radio like this. Brings, you know, what is the memories of his youth, when such devices to the commission cost as half of the "Zhiguli».

This copy was purchased by me at a flea market for 4 euros.
However, nostalgia for nostalgia, but just a place to stand and held not desirable. Hence the idea to add the old apparatus of any the modern sense.

First we need to carry out sanitation (the first photo he had after the procedure), which is parsed and my body parts in warm water with detergent. So clean the inside of the dust of centuries. Here are all the economy exploded.

Then replace frankly palest hue and temporal dynamics have killed 10 minute car centimeter shot free on demolition can not remember how the broken machine.

Stand up like a native. What would not rattled plastic columns, fill them with a thick foam.

Now go directly to a new meaning. The idea came from an old man cross deshёvenkim MP3 player having a card slot SD.
At first, I thought embed player right into the radio, but an example of this idea was abandoned, it was too absurd looked out the location of the display and the keys on the body of the player. Decided to make a USB output to power the player, honor would not depend on batteries, well, headphone output, of course, connected to the line-in recorder.
Partly complexity - in this instance the line input is in the form of an ancient 5 pin male connector. You have to add an entry in the form of tulips. It took a broken radio, the same demolition.
USB Power organize via the car cigarette lighter adapter with.
We are putting the whole thing on the nozzle try. Working! (Well, where would it go)

Prisobachivaem USB cable to the housing as follows (see photo). With attached column, it will not be visible.

Now we have to carefully solder and assemble all this construction. The result here is a.

You can take a picnic, camping, etc. But at home, I now use it as a sort of vintage speakers for a laptop.

Dobavleno1 in [mergetime] 1252259750 [/ mergetime]
P.S. I think you should not take this post as practical recommendations on the use of obsolete equipment. It's more of a cure enforced idleness. Well, someone, perhaps like the idea. By the way, is done, there was still some similar ideas. It can be implemented, if you turn apparatik prettier.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting