Bhutan: Nest of the Tigress

A traveler on blogs and Sergey Dolya said in his diary about Bhutan and most beautiful and famous Monastery "jack tigress", which aims to make the pilgrimage every Buddhist at least once in your life ...

The monastery literally hanging on a cliff at an altitude of 3100 meters. The road there is not, and to get it you need to climb on foot from a height of 2 400. That is, the rise of a little over 700 meters

19 ph

The path is very steep, but for the convenience of pilgrims at all difficult sections there are steps:

The trail leads on the sidelines of a lively trade of souvenirs:

Basically, they sell heavy pieces of iron that haul upstairs does not want:

Half way meets pilgrims restaurant where you can eat and drink tea:

In the kitchen of the restaurant was a strange sculpture

From the observation deck of the restaurant offers a magnificent view of the monastery:

The whole trip I was accompanied by Bhutanese photographer who prompted interesting angles. Often it takes me right or left of the trail, to make a beautiful photo of the monastery:

To reach the monastery, you need to go up the left cliff and then down into the cleft and re-climb to the monastery:

If you're in Bhutan and you are not very interested in monasteries, it is better to stay at the top of the left cliff. To reach this place is not very difficult, and there is a splendid view of the monastery:

But the descent into the chasm and gives rise to the monastery is very difficult. Especially the way back. You need to go up and down almost vertical wall:

At the bottom of the bridge across the chasm spanned:

Near the waterfall noise:

Before entering the monastery there is a small terrace

Here all visitors to take backpacks and cameras. You can not take pictures inside ...

According to legend, this monastery was founded in the 8th century by Padmasambhava (the founder of Tibetan Buddhism), who moved here, sitting on the tigress. In this place also meditated many great Buddhist teacher and kings. It is believed that this place extraordinary energy, although I'm nothing but fatigue did not feel. However, the guide said that this ascent will be reckoned to us a hundredfold in the next life:

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting