Winter trip to Mount Ai-Petri, Crimea

Once again, hi all !!!
Stock up on warm clothes and tea, I invite you along on the snow-covered summit of Ai-Petri! A long way ahead of a lot of surprises, but also we pass it from beginning to end.

First, a little information about the mountain itself, because we do need to know where are going to name Ai-Petri in Crimea bears and mountain, and a large mountain range, the so-called "mountain pasture" that It translates as "pasture". Mountain range Ai-Petri is located along the southern coast of the Crimea and has a length of 25 km. One of the most famous peaks of the array is the Ai-Petri mountain.

01 - the beginning of a journey, a photo from the window of the trailer cable car Miskhor - Sosnovy Bor - Ai-Petri.

02 - the first thing I saw on top when my eyes adjusted to the light, they were frozen "binoculars┬╗

03 - my van off on the return journey, taking with them down a portion of frozen tourists

The top of Mount Ai-Petri is located at an altitude of 1231 meters above sea level. The geological age of mountains no less than 200 million years, as shown by scientific research. The name of Mount Ai-Petri is translated from the Pontic Greek dialect as Saint Peter. According to legend, it originated because on the mountain in ancient times was a temple of St. Peter. Legend groundless, as the ruins of an ancient temple can be seen on top of the still only 200 years ago. The very same Church of St. Peter was demolished in the XIV-XV centuries, and local residents for a long time disappeared worshiped shrine, composing about her myths and legends. Thus, according to one of these legends, under the mountain Ai-Petri is a spring of living water, drinking from which the person regains youth. According to another legend, associated with Mount Ai-Petri, drills top form gave none other than Zeus to Ai-Petri does not rise above Olympus.

04 - on the eve of my arrival on Mount Ai-Petri there was a real snowstorm with wild wind and tons of snow

Climb the mountain Ai-Petri, many prefer the cable car "Miskhor-Ai-Petri." I must say that in itself is an attraction cable car in Crimea. The cable car was put into operation in 1987. Its uniqueness is the top portion - unsupported and elevation angle 46┬║. In Europe, there are no more similar structures. Average landing station is located at an altitude of 395 m. The length of the entire road about 3000m, and 15 minutes of it can climb to an altitude of 1153 m, at the same time experiencing a lot of unique experiences. The cable car connects Southshore with Ai-Petri plateau. From the observation deck offers a spectacular mountain views of the magnificence of the southern coast of the Ayu-Dag mountains to the cat. In Ai-Petri plateau has several iconic places, including Ai-Petri meridian, and a monument to fallen partisans Yalta squad.

05 - view of the plateau on top of the mountain

Tags

See also

New and interesting