Prokopevsk in the Kuzbass: when everything is frozen!

In Moscow, it was -10 °, and LiveJournal blogger Dmitry Chistoprudov went to one of the mining towns, where the temperature is lower by as much as 35 °!
In the frozen post photos of Prokopyevsk in the Kemerovo region and walk around the coal mines.

46 photos

1) near one of the mines

2) At night there is quite fun. If you open a window for five minutes, then he has not close - formed a reliable layer of ice.

3) One of the cozy streets. Temperature -42 °.

4) Every sharp intake of breath burns unaccustomed to the light frosts and freezes the contents of the nose, almost to the throat. Home breathe smoothly, and walk slowly.

5)

6) Many of the houses have their own boilers, which are fueled by coal.

7) Because of this, the whole town could be shipped to a frosty and fresh snow the next day becomes gray.

8) A local resident.

9) Lens begins to freeze, resist crackle and zoom.

10) Frost and sun, a wonderful day! Just something I do not get enough attention from others. Hug me, who do not len.sorok two.

11) Private sheds or garages for bicycles.

12) Do not argue

13) The cold light of the winter sun.

14) living person in the frame. Almost all the cars (which are able to make) all the time are with the engine running. Some brave souls even leaving the store, the car left the institution. Especially hard in such cold weather to owners of cars with diesel engines. In the morning infest only those machines that spend the night in a heated garage. Cameras had hard times, and after fifteen minutes, he walks frosted and decided not to work.

15) Heated garage can be found on a thick layer of ice on the gate.

16) In general, the machine on which we drove around the city, the factory at -40 °, but not worth the risk, and every night it put in the garage.

17) In order to revive the camera, I decided to go through a system of locks. At first I was heated for ten minutes in the hallway, pulling the stick and battery.

18) At the entrance of the heat, only about -5 °. After that I was carrying a camera into the apartment and put on the window sill, where it was heated an hour, covered with condensation, and then dried up.

19) Night city.

20) These snow sculptures so firmly frozen that they can safely about stabbing watermelons.

21) The hot water enters the house on the outer piping system. Despite the large heat loss as compared with the underground water system, this embodiment is more convenient to operate.

22) No need to be a qualified person to determine the location of leaks.

23) Ice stalactites.

24)

25) One of the coalmines of the city. Once upon a time there were sixteen, but today more than half closed. Despite this, the city is one of the main earners of coking coal in Russia.

26) The main shaft.

27)

28) Another small mine.

29)

30) When viewed from right to left: shaft, where the mined coal is raised, then it goes to the mini-processing plant and from there goes on loading into wagons.

31)

32) The next day I went to the largest mine in the city. It smokes its enrichment plant.

33) They say, are found in the local river fish "Shahtёriki" - the same black on the outside and inside.

34) Trolleys. Almost every country site you can find a trolley, which is used as a swimming pool.

35) transports them large electric planer-iron. The word "on-mountain" - upward to the surface.

36)

37) Extra trolley piled in a ditch.

38)

39) Christmas Tree miners are severe.

40) Shaft. Left behind bars cage, through which transport people, equipment, raising coal and rock. Below shining rails, which are driven trolley. The depth of the mine - 400 meters. Since I was on the territory illegally, and I had not been asked, I decided not to go down (suddenly I notice people) and went for a walk on the territory of bounds.

41) On the face of the dead locomotives were quite work. They deliver the cars to the loading coal.

42)

43) booth with an operator who controls the loading of coal.

44) Very tricky conveyor system, so that the enemy did not think that much moved.

45) Damn leg break

46) Soon, the camera froze again and I dashes as a spy got to the car and we went to get warm.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting