Pixar and its inhabitants

Twenty bloggers from eleven countries came to San Francisco to see how to make a Pixar cartoons. In the evening on the day of arrival we were shown a continuation of the famous stories about toys and boy Andy - «Toy Story 3". The next morning, April 1, we boarded the bus and went back to the studio. Despite promises to "show everything and allow to shoot," the studio did not disclose any of his secrets, and, moreover, I do not have the right to show and tell about what we have learned about the «Toy Story 3". Photograph also can be in a very limited space, but something that was able to take off, hook or by crook. That's "something" I'll show you today:

Photos from bloggers © drugoi
25 ph

The entrance to the studio and the passage is guarded by very strict - first booth with a guard and a barrier, then the automatic fence.

The main building of the studio designed and built with the direct involvement of Steve Jobs, who after selling Disney, became the largest private shareholder of The Walt Disney Company. Now under construction next to the new building complex studio Pixar. To date, the most financially successful animation studio in the history of cinema.

Near the entrance is the famous Luxo lamp and ball - the symbols and heroes of the first studios "Pixar" cartoon.

right in the picture - the same Lotz, who draws a sketch of Bob Pauley video in the header.

Lego Company has signed a contract with Disney for advertising support for the new cartoon - in the shops will sell heroes "toys", made by technology Lego. Not such a big, of course, as a stand in the lobby of the main building.

General view of the glass covered "patio". Right - free canteen for employees.

The dining room staff.

On the wall - a thumbnail frame from «Toy Story 3".

We were led through the narrow maze of studios in the left wing of the building - work here animators and artists. Artistic mess, some cubbyhole and small rooms, decorated in different styles - I saw the studio, which turned into an African hut, someone close to the work area is a large drum kit with a bunch of drums, somewhere you can see the bar. In short, it was immediately clear that they are doing here, and get up, and not just work.

We conducted by a large glazed hall with huge closets and wires - rendering facility. Neither the studio nor here, next to the machines, were not allowed to shoot.

It was possible to take pictures in one place - where work is one of the most respected employees, "veteran" studio animator Andrew Gordon. He works at Pixar for thirteen years and has participated in the creation of major studio blockbusters: Toy Story 2, Monsters, Inc., Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Cars and incomparable Ratatouille. If you remember modelersha Edna Maude in The Incredibles, that its founder - Andrew Gordon.

In addition to working in the studio of Andrew engaged in teaching, preparing a new staff and successfully.

Workplace animator Andy Gordon. Nothing special, but it is not, you are in the studio Pixar - right arrow key on the table niche with a bookcase and actually wardrobe - a secret door ...

Over the bookcase Andrew recreation room with table for blackjack, TV, bar and red sofas. And here are able to relax, thought Stirlitz.

Production Designer «Toy Story 3" Bob Pauley, and showed how to create new characters Toy Story. I hope I do not will fly for impressions of working sketches of the film. You see, they are not in focus.

The headmistress showed archive studio rarities - sketches of the first "Toy Story."

Here is the first approved sketch Buzz. Since it began the history of space robot.

What there just was not - the entire history of cartoon sketches carefully stored in special cardboard boxes.

That's what Woody was born. No cowboy hat and it does not know. On the right foot - the autograph of Tom Hanks, whose voice speaks toy cowboy.

And that Jessie - cowboy girl from «Toy Story 2». It will be in the new movie.

This is Bob Whitehill - man-3D. He is responsible for all studio work in this direction.

Before lunch at the restaurant Mac we suddenly showed a new short film - gorgeous cartoon «Day and Night» about the two men in which they live day and night. Before the show, we suddenly came to himself, John Lasseter - the most important person in Pixar. They say, wanted to see what the bloggers came to his studio. Incidentally, Lasettera five sons - from 10 to 29 years.

The film «Day and Night» will be sold on a single DVD with a new history of toys. In this image, the film's director Teddy Newton (in the background) producer Kevin Reher. I asked Teddy, how and when they decide - whether the new cartoon "children" or "adult"? "Everything happens by chance," - said Teddy. "We just sit, come up with the story and he then decides how it be."

I then took them off all together, our guides for the studio - Kevin, Teddy, and the two captains of the animators in «Toy Story 3" - Bobby Podesta and Mike Venturini. Here they are at the sacred place - Cafe Hidden City, where all the best cartoons invented studio.

Working scheme and coloring effects in Woody in the first "Toy Story."

Ended our day at the studio talk with the director «Toy Story 3," Lee Unkrich and producer Darla Anderson. We talked long and interesting. In the end I had to ask whether it is the last film in the history of toys boy Andy and they expect to continue? "No," - said Lee. "This exactly everything." And he smiled.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting