Beer heaven

I'm sorry that I found today, not on Friday

The author writes, rozenhoff:

Beer is chocolate, cherry, walnut, peach ...
No, no, I'm not mad))) I just went to Belgium - original Power brewing, where this action are almost if not the magic.
Belgians love beer. Not only will they love and know how to make good beer, and that's why they drink only their native. In this small country of about 600 different brands of beer - no one can calculate accurately. Some of them are 400-500 years.
Intrigued? Then, let's touch upon this intoxicating magic Belgian spill together).
Have you ever been in a specialized Beer Store?

From the number of varieties, shapes and sizes of bottles scatter eyes and begins to torment the universal thirst.

Beer in Belgium not only drink. It is also eaten. In addition to a variety of sauces, Belgian chefs prepared on its basis and soups, and marinades and meat dishes, and even desserts like cheese casserole with cherry "cry."

Traditional Belgian beers dense, bitter and strong - up to 12% vol. In addition to the usual beer ingredients, Belgian beers are often added to rice, sugar, honey and fruit.

Did you know that large bottles in which bottled Belgian beers, have their names? They are named by the names of the kings of Babylonian-Assyrian history.
1.5-liter Magnum - Magnum
3 liter Jeroboam
4.5 liters Rehoboam
6 liters Methuselah - Methuselah
9 liters Salmanazar - Shalmaneser
12 liters Balthazar - Belshazzar
15 liters of Nebuchadnezzar - Navohudonosor

For each class has its own special glass. If the pub sells 250 varieties of beer, and the varieties of cups, glasses and mugs there will be 250.

Perhaps the pinnacle of Belgian inventiveness on the part of the beer glassware can be considered beer Pauwel Kwak old family brewery Bosteels - for him are special glasses with spherical bottom part, which, of course, can not be put on the table just like that, so to them are attached special wooden stands.
One type of glasses has three knobs - in this respect there is even a legend.

Beer bottles are often packaged in colorful paper and look at it as a gift than on the merits and are in fact rare beer - a real feast for the connoisseur.

Belgian bartender - high-class professional as needed. It should be remembered in some dishes (narrow or wide glasses mugs, tall glasses of different shapes or low kremanki) and how to pour the many brands of Belgian beers. And there are about 600, as mentioned ranshe.3U professionals there is even a special term - "Belgian beer culture feed." Perhaps it is for these pros and sold like ammunition))).

Well, the curtain - a dozen of the best Belgian beers.

Let's start with the latter, but not the worst somogo, because to take 10 out of the possible six, too, should try!

10. Hoegaarden. Witbier (white beer) on a pale golden light, the taste of sour, a pellet and high carbonation.
9. Stella Artois. Beer in a series of pils.
8. One of the most famous in the world of lambic grade Kriek.Iz the intense fruit flavor is considered women's brand.
7. Beer Duvel. The name speaks for itself. insidious and deceptive. easy to drink, but cuts down on the spot.
6. Abbey grade - Grimbergen. excellent flavor, dense foam.
5.Esche abbatial one grade - Maredsous. There are 3 types: 6, 8 and 10, at the fortress.
4. Beer Palm. Eminent pedigree and very refined taste.
3. Bronze took Abbey beer Leffe. Personally, I like the dark version.
2. Silver at Chimay beer -otlichaetsya other monastic beers delicious fruit flavor and strength. It is excellent in view of their quality ale matures in bottles for several years.
1. The winner - the famous grade Trappist Westmalle. The real miracle of the Belgian brewing, the culmination of taste, color, foam is dense cap. Served in branded glasses in the form of a bowl of thick glass quality.

via rozenhoff

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting