Seven unusual places in South America

Tells and shows Anastasia Stepanchikova

1.Medny Chuquicamata mine (Mina de Chuquicamata) in northern Chile. Perhaps one of the biggest mines in the world, besides, where you can easily arrive on tour. Organize yourself is very simple: it is necessary to come to the city of Calama, and the local tourist information office to sign up for a visit.
"Crater" - huge: several kilometers in length and about a kilometer layer interior! The height of each terraces - about 60 meters. Something big is unthinkable!

Breed copper is found on just such machines (wheel - razmeros bus!). On the right a small point - a man. Maintenance of these trucks - every ten days.

On the map of Google sizes are particularly impressive.

2.Dolina Geysers El Tatio. Located in the crater of a dormant volcano at an altitude of 4200 m. In the desert of the attack.
The most powerful eruption of geysers occur early in the morning (because the temperature difference at this time is maximal: Street 0 or colder, and a crust of salt gorrrazdo warmer ... egg for breakfast to cook yourself is quite possible that the tour guides do).

Crater of the volcano - is huge geysers in it three hundred, probably. From tiny, a few centimeters in diameter to huge, meter, close to which are not allowed to approach.

3.Ostrov margaritas (the nearest town - Punta Arenas (Punta Arenas). It is located almost in the south of Chile. A little further on is the southernmost city of the world - Ushuaia, but then felt the proximity of Antarctica.
Absolutely nothing is not an island of remarkable, except for one thing: it lives on a huge (more than 100 thousand. Individuals) colony of Magellanic penguins.

Guided tours daily. For tourists there is a special track, enclosed on both sides of a string. Beyond the tourists leave is prohibited. Penguins are accustomed to tourists, come close, allow themselves to be photographed, and in general are very friendly and curious.

4.A Now we will take a giant leap to the north and find yourself in tropikh to enjoy Iguazu Falls (Cataratas del Iguazú). This is a unique natural phenomenon is on the border of Brazil, Argentina and Paraguay.
It is, indeed, to any well-known and famous place, it is necessary to come early in the morning. People are not, you can admire nature in solitude.

I would say that this is one of those rare events that really have to see with your own eyes.

It is this chain of waterfalls called \ "Devil's Throat \", in a width of about 150 and 700 meters in length. It is here that the border between Brazil and Argentina.

The park itself - huge, with plenty of bridges, from different angles, you can admire the water flow.

5.Purmamarka (Purmamarka). It is now a natural wonder! It would seem that in six months of travel, you can get used to the beauty of nature, but every time I see such that do not get tired amazed ...
The village is in a valley, and around - colored mountains! I myself would not have believed it if I did not see! Red, pink, green, gray, brown, blue ... And depending on the position of the sun changing colors!

At sunset, the shadows are mixed with different patches of rocks, and this diversity is not. There's just a full palette of warm colors.

I can not say that I or cactus here are looked alien. It is in harmony in color

Remember Chilean geysers? Here is a nice serpentine just leads from Purmamarca in the Atacama.

6.A to the desert - huge salt lakes, where salt is still mined by local residents. Height - about 4000 m.
Salt crust on the lake. Braves not only a person's weight, but it may well travel and cars.

Just salt extraction.

7.Zrya course, we jumped up and down on Argentina. Because once again returned to the south to the glacier Perito Moreno (Perito-Moreno).
In addition to its staggering size (see the right side of gnats? It is - a huge boat with tourists) Glacier ivesten his "unusual behavior".

Unlike most other glaciers, it is still growing. And quite successfully, periodically blocking the kind of icy Lake Argentino dam.

And every 3-4 years to keep the dam stops the water pressure and an explosion ... !!! Liberated water is flowing again in his side, and the glacier begins to grow again ... On the photo - water glacier is already blocked, but the water pressure is still weak, before the explosion - two years.
The last photo.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting