You are responsible for those who tamed

Caring for animals has always been a matter of good, but extremely difficult. This, of course, taking care of the scale, rather than simply taking care of pets. In many countries, the formula "you are responsible for those who tamed" is implemented in the form of shelters, where homeless people get dogs, cats, birds, and sometimes more exotic little animals like snakes, spiders and other such living creatures.

At the shelter, ideally several purposes. First, in fact, help the poor animal, the remaining (or born) in the street. Everything, as in the case with the people: take warm, feed. The second goal - to attach the animals in any house, the family. Similar to the first point, right? But there is one purpose around which just occurs most disputes, when it comes to institute an animal shelter. Shelter sets the task to protect the animal from man, to bring them in contact today civilized life to a minimum. In part, this attitude is quite a justified: divorced from human dogs and cats run wild. And if the latter packs do not attack, then the attacks on passers-by about the first category we have heard. However, the isolation of the animal often means his death. Small animals euthanized, not even trying to attach them somewhere.

16 Photo © Ilya Varlamov

Asleep needed more because the shelters are crowded quickly: after all willing to donate an animal to a shelter far more than those who want to take home a pet. In addition, a large number of heads (so called owners shelters their wards) requires enormous costs for which the state is not always able to go. In such cases, the battle come to private traders. Such as Lyudmila, in a private orphanage that we visited today. This is a unique place called "Alma" is located in the city, where a number of more than 250 heads of live dogs and cats. And every animal lives as much as he was given to live.

This is new territory shelter, which is now built with the mistress of the orphanage and its hired workers. These booths form a common aviary, which will translate part of the older animals from the cage to the beasts lived freely.

By the way, no cell is not here. All animals are just in cages, ie have the ability to run and jump in plenty. Interestingly, in this place, where now there are wooden structures were pit. In general, this piece of land owned by the railway, passing very close to here, but the foreman agreed to allocate a piece of land Lyudmila Vasilyevna, arguing that he did not need it at all.

So, before there was a hole that filled all that were able to get it: sand, gravel, small stones. And on top of that the earth tightly held and not a sprawling beneath their feet in the rain or snow, covered asphalt crumb.

Here we'll get back to you, as long as the hostess invites me into the main enclosure, which is divided into several parts. In each of them are all kinds of dogs. All of them are grouped by species, the nature and livable, that there were no fights and quarrels.

- Come on, do not be afraid. Here one does not bite, but I can nip. The doors close behind only.

Lyudmila she closes the door behind me. In fact, not at all afraid of is not obtained. Firstly, a lot of dogs and they bark very loudly, although absolutely no bite. Secondly, joyous little animals strive to jump and say hello forepaws with jeans and a jacket. It's not very convenient, since after the rain paw animals still dirty.

- Now that's about this dog talk. On the highway Skolkovskom was catching dogs. And I was told that he would be the next day after the announcement. I went home, hoping the next day to come and pick up even the dogs that are in your hands.

Lyudmila is telling the story of his pitomitsy constantly trying to pat two other dogs that swirling underfoot. One of them would be a daughter of the dog from the photo. And the second - just their neighbor.

- In general, I have come to pick up a dog to be sterilized, and the rest came up to me, sit down and watch. And you know, I believe that all dogs feel, rather than just live by instinct. And I say to the woman who is associated with the catching, that, well, I kind of have to pick up the dogs would be today. And she says: "Do not you worry, tomorrow will be catching, everything will be fine." And they sit and watch the eyes of the soul turned inside. Well, I took part here, I say, come with me, everything.

- I took the dog for sterilization, the rest of these here, too, in the car planted. She went to the clinic. On the way my friend calls and says, "Luda, today will be catching." I explain to her that now going to take the dog, and then come back. In general, I end up in the hospital business, going back and stand in a traffic jam: late for half an hour. Everyone who was, all the dogs shooting. And some shooting poison - ditilinom. Here are just saved.

- How did you come up with the names of their pets, so many of them here.

- Oh, just call as comes to mind. One voiced here was very loud barking and singing almost. Well, I think you are my singer, Aziza call you.

I wonder what cats do not just live in the neighborhood with dogs, but even just a number, in one enclosure. On the contrary the very rescued dogs live here are cats. In the cage with them calmly walks the dog. However, no matter how I tried to remove it, nothing happened: a shy dog ​​slept somewhere in the corner. And this cat (or cat?) Proudly looked at the dogs in the cage opposite.

Now Ludmila leads me to another enclosure. There are plenty of animals, they live pokuchnee. It is, in general, not for long because soon some of them "move" in the new enclosure, and those who remain will be able to comfortably settle in the territory which has become freer. What is quite difficult to get used to at first stay in the shelter, it's the smell. It is a heavy and specific due to the large number of animals in a limited space. Moreover, I think I forgot to say that the shelter has been operating for 14 years. So imagine how many little animals have passed through it.

- Of course, since this area has long been mastered, smelled everything is. The smell here is quite different than in the new territory. There is still smells fresh planks from which the enclosure cut out.

- The history of the shelter - it is bloody. I do not like to talk about it. In general, her husband worked in the territory of the 29th hospital plumber. Once there held shooting dogs that lived in the territory. He visited the police shot at animals. 28 dogs from catching us were saved. But save - save and what to do with them is unknown. Sent to an orphanage "Veshnyaki" which then existed. The whole year to keep them there: put your shed, made their enclosure. During the year, I sought the allocation of land. Found this piece, which is now our shelter. To get content out there under the ground animals had to bring the paper to the prefecture that I am an expert on the organization of shelters. And for that, I first had to get a paper. I began to look for, where we are taught this case. We found a one-year course at the Academy of National Economy. She graduated from these courses, brought paper bowled long hikes on instances land. And in the prefecture they told me that part of this piece of land belongs to the district "Lefortovo", and the second part - the railroad. And I said, "Will be able to agree with those and these - get the land."

Dogs really a lot, but they all look remarkably well-groomed, like caring for each individual family. Secret Ludmila V. - an individual approach and a strict timetable.

All dogs are sterilized, vaccinated. From any sores are treated in a veterinary clinic, where the owner of a shelter grant a 15% discount as a permanent client. She said that the doctors at this clinic is very grateful to: firstly, it is always good to take it with stray animals. Secondly, already know.

Dogs have always combed and cleaned. Any Koltun on the fur immediately cut out with scissors, any sore immediately put on record, and the dog a couple of days being taken to the doctor.

There is, incidentally, a separate enclosure for the young. Here is particularly noisy: puppies are jumping for joy, the crowd around you, licking his hands and strive to crawl under a hand to stroke. Dogs are extremely friendly and funny.

- Basic, than help the orphanage, and the need to help him - is food. We feed the dogs this way: one day - porridge, soups, cereals, some for the next day - food dry. And so alternate.

At first, young dogs are afraid of the camera, and then get used to it clicks and the lens begin to pose happily poskulivat. In one of the cages, located in front of the house with the cats, which I will show later, live puppies brothers.

Next to the "white" brothers, that first shot, live dog named Jules. She is also a puppy, but very shy. When I walked over to the cage, the rest began to push, jump and attract attention. And Jules modestly huddled in a corner, muttered a couple of times there. Remove wonderful prude and failed. But one of the brothers was happy to take pictures of the puppies. Here it close-up.

Finally we visit Lyudmila Vasilyevna house with cats. It is not so noisy: phlegmatic cats walk around the desk and wardrobe and strive to snuggle. By one hand "sticks" just three or four gentle little animals.

- Here is our handsome, Russian blue. He was five or six years. He lived with a grandfather, grandfather he died, and the cat came to us. Look how proud and magnificent. And no one takes.

Cats really like to be photographed. They constantly strive to sniff the camera and lens to touch his paw. Especially here this white cat with tremendous mustache.

Finally Ludmila shows me the entire territory again. He says that the problems, of course, a lot: the content of daily shelter costs almost 8 thousand. And this sum includes only the power and content. Construction of additional enclosures, medical assistance animal, warm clothes for them for the winter - all of that is a separate item of expenditure.

- We do not have the normal programs of the government for the animals. And you know why? Because the people of sufficient concern we have. And dogs and cats to care for the more no one will.

Lyudmila said that stories about the shelter and its inhabitants in her weight. Her friend, worked as an editor, invited her to move stories to paper. Then publish a book. "Oh, and I have no time. And I do not know what I will write, "- says the hostess shelter. And I think: "Good went to book a good».

By the way, if you want to help a shelter, then they have their own account, to which you can transfer money. However, Lyudmila said that the food is more important. And warm clothes also did not interfere.

Here is the site of a shelter. The site, by the way, you can read the full story of the shelter, to look at the animals, keep an eye on yourself someone to learn how to help the shelter and how to reach it.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting