Intelligent people

Pakhomov haircut Lena and a half years.
About once every three weeks, he called the barber, was recorded in the evening and came out of his office, went to a nearby house, where it was located, as it is now accepted to be expressed, salon.
Lena was young for a good seamstress. But it works perfectly. They talked about everything. Pakhomov was the architect. She asked: "What is called the style of our room?" He said seriously: "Rococo in a mixture with Empire style, with modern elements", although in fact it was the style of 'brothel at the station, "but why hurt? "It's nice to talk with an intelligent man" - Lena smiled. She had good hands. She was beautiful.
Here, actually, and everything about it.

No, not all.
Once Pakhomov came to the presentation of one friend and saw Lena. She saw it too. Both were surprised. Pakhomov always saw her in trousers and apron, and now she was in a dress on lyamochki, with a bare back. And she always saw him in an old tweed jacket and jeans, and now he was in a silk suit, scarf and big sunglasses in a plaid frame.
She smiled at him and nodded, and he smiled, nodded and walked over to say hello - "Oh, Lena, how are you?" "Well, thanks, and you?" - But did not answer how he was doing, because next immediately grew big guy and annoyance said: "Hello».
 - Pakhomov - said Pakhomov, and held out his hand.
He mumbled his name and asked:
 - And what are you, old acquaintances?
Pakhomov suddenly saw that Lena, stepped back, making terrible eyes and shakes his head.
 - I do not remember - said Pakhomov. - Yes, and what's the difference? Excuse me ... - and he moved to a group of his friends.

But then, at the exit, in the street, this guy again atonement for him the way.
 - Lenka I sent home, - he said. - And you, I still tell me where you met her.
 - No, I will not say.
 - You say!
 - Let go, - said Pakhomov and felt a blow on the head from behind.

A week Pakhomov came again to get a haircut.
 - Any work is honorable - he said. - You were not taught in school? Why hide?
 - He's such an intelligent young man. A journalist with the television. I suddenly felt ashamed. I understand that stupid, but still a shame. Moreover, he hinted at a serious relationship ...
 - Especially! - Said Pakhomov. - It would still have to admit.
 - Yes, but then! They took to the apartment. Met to his parents. He would have made an offer. And then. And it would be awkward to refuse.
 - Do not you know you're intelligent people. They are all comfortable ... - and suddenly gasped loudly, because Lena touched almost healed abrasion on his head.
 - What have you got?
 - Your beau provided me ... - said Pakhomov. - Do not he and his friend. It's nothing. Television journalists, they are accustomed to work in tandem. With operator. By the way. He called you after that?
 - I called this morning and said that he was going on a business trip.
Pakhomov laughed:
 - It will be another six months to go on business trips. And would not you change, I guarantee. I served in the army in a very intelligent unit ...
Lena did nothing. Then she said:
 - It's all because of me. Sorry.
 - Nothing, - said Pakhomov.
It is a long time it sheared, and then bent down and said quietly:
 - I am very guilty, yes. If you can ... I mean, if you want, I can go wherever you say. Once.
Pakhomov was silent for three seconds. In the mind counted. And he said:
 - You can not. I mean - I do not want.

© clear-text

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting