How is a glass mosaic

This mosaic - laid out a picture of the tens, hundreds and even thousands of tiny pieces.
How to create such pictures, you are about to see - it is a work of art.
It takes perseverance, attention and desire to create.

When you create a stained glass window is used very different - from transparent to dense. Over time, the remains of a dense, opaque glass accumulated quite a lot, and in the studio decided to try to put them in business - to begin to lay out the mosaic. From that moment has passed six years, and now the mosaic can be called the second main specialization of the studio. For such important work had been trained and equipped with the master workshops.

In one of these shops - a spacious room with high ceilings collect mosaic.
Light rained from high windows lit up a huge table on which were laid out pictures of various stages of readiness. The edges of each table among the scattered pieces of glass were all kinds of tools: pliers, wire cutters tricky shapes, glass cutters, knives and markers. Over the two mosaics, bending, worked as a foreman.

The walls stood tall racks with baths, each of which were ready modules - small rectangular pieces of glass. Narrow pressed to the wall staircase led to a small balcony. At each step creaked underfoot and crunched pieces of glass - the master not to break away from work threw scraps on the floor.

At first glance, the mosaic is not much different from the stained glass - the same pieces of glass that must be cut and fit into the picture. But if you look closely, you opened a sea of ​​differences. "Everything starts with the cardboard - mosaic picture of the future. Only when it comes to vitrazhistam with distinguished colors - will be here yellow, here - the blue, we see a common line and sketch »

Today, the mosaic spread in two main ways. When a glass is cut exactly to the size of any area - the petal of a flower or a dragonfly wing - akin to the Florentine mosaic. In another, closer to the Roman mosaic, the picture is assembled from small rectangular pieces. "I do not like cut glass - you just depends on the colors that are on the finished sheet. Smalt is closer to painting - each like a brush stroke. And here we have a lot more freedom - we are our own artists. Suppose I decided that a mosaic of golden hair should be - and I do them in gold ».

But this is not the only difference between the mosaics and stained glass. The work here is far more subtle - sometimes you have to spread a little more than the size of the modules lashes. And still it is necessary to cut them from the window and, if necessary, to grind. Customized modules to each other have to close, with the smallest gap. Not for nothing called the master of such work jewelry.

If required, the module can be on a special stanochke podshlifovat

"The modules we used to lay out, beginning with a particular element. For example, berries - and Andrew showed me a sketch of the new mosaic and began to drive his finger around the angular stylized berries - I will put it in the beginning, then a series around it, then another number. But sometimes it is the other way - that look like works Andryukha - and Andrew nodded toward another master who worked on the mosaic icon of Saint Nicholas - he first laid the face and hands, fixed them and put in a common panel. And now around them completes everything else ».

Most mosaicists in the studio are an art education, but Andrew to my question about how he started with mosaics, with a grin replied: "I am here at all in the garage came to work, I have no artistic education. I come and ask me: "Mosaic ever spread?" Well, I said no. Nothing, they say, teach. So I learn what I have been working here for six years ».

Modules are spread on the mounting tape - adhesive sheet, which holds the glass pieces in place. When the whole picture is assembled on top of it the face of the paste Arakan - another self-adhesive sheet. After this mosaic inverted and remove foil, and in its place put the foundation - a special fabric, which completely glued related arakalom mosaic elements. When the module is firmly entrenched on the basis of Orphaned Arakan removed.

Mosaic based on Gustav Klimt's painting "Water Snake". Over this mosaic Andrew bezvylazno worked three months

Such artful manipulations made to the artist at the front of the set saw mosaics - such as it would be after the mounting base. There is, however, so-called reverse set when the mirror mosaics are collected directly on arakale. Only here the glass mosaic - whimsical thing: often, one party may be strikingly different from each other in pattern and color, and to predict. Predict, will look like a mosaic in the end, at the opposite set would be very difficult.

"And then the fun begins - rubbing seams. Grout pick up the color of the modules and, if necessary, mixed desired color scheme. But then the work can be changed beyond recognition: the individual sections brighten, darken others, and some colors can merge. And to do this can not be - can only represent each time that happens in the end ».

The work went on as usual - small pieces of glass, one after another went to the table, adding up to a future picture. I finished the shoot, looked a little more work for mosaicists and then came out of the workshop. Before leaving, I looked into the studio office and met Leila. We talked - about art and photos on the internal affairs of the studio. "From any work can be tiring, even creative. Any artist can be exhausted, and then he needed a break. If we see that a man fell into a stupor, then we try to give him some other work - analyze the samples, go somewhere ».

At the end of the conversation, Leyla took from under the table a large black box with samples of glass: "Now I'll show you that ... if they do not like it, nothing is sacred you do not." With these words she threw the cardboard cover, and my view appeared neat rows of thin plates. With burning eyes, Leila began looking through them, and soon pulled one stёklyshko: inside a thin transparent squares flowed fancy colored stains. The thicker the next square if grew a colony of mold, and another sample of white feathers pierced the air ».

"When it was all tired and have no strength, then that is what helps not give up and move on." And in the words of the senses sounded much deeper than a simple devotion to the profession.

Source: anton-agarkov.livejournal.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting