Mosaic: glass painting

Author: "We often say, all pieces of the puzzle came together. Of course, we mean that all events are perfect together into a single image. However, without our help is unlikely to be a puzzle of events developed so successfully. In this mosaic of our reality is not much different from the real mosaic - lined with paintings of tens, hundreds or even thousands of tiny pieces. How to create such pictures, I was lucky enough to see one of the workshops in stained glass studio "Alexandria", where I was invited by the chief artist studio Leila Al-Numan ».

Twenty years ago, "Alexandria" was created as a stained glass studio, and I have already talked about how to work here in this technique. When you create a stained glass window is used very different - from transparent to dense. Over time, the remnants of dense, opaque glass accumulated quite a lot, and in the studio decided to try to put them in business - to begin to lay out the mosaic. From that moment has passed six years, and now the mosaic can be called the second core competence studio. For such important work had been trained and equipped master workshops.

In one of these workshops - a spacious room with high ceilings - I saw gather mosaic. Light rained from high windows lit up a huge table on which were laid out pictures of various stages of readiness. Along the edges of each table among the scattered pieces of glass were all kinds of tools: pliers, wire cutters tricky shapes, glass cutters, knives and markers. On two mosaics, bending, worked as a foreman.

Tags

See also

New and interesting