Seattle. The house is 23 sq.m.

Mortgage debt forced the artist to surrender his large house and move to ... garage. And believe me, she's got a luxuriously.

The artist Michel de la Vega realigned flimsy barn in a lovely house with an area of ​​23 square meters. meters, which miraculously found all over the place - from the large bed located on the mezzanine floor, up to a luxury oven. "To be honest, I did not know anything about construction, but I rushed into it with his head, as I always do. It was hard, but it was a real adventure. "

Property information:

Area: 23 sq. m

Year: 2006

Architect:
Michel de la Vega
Michelle de la Vega
michelledelavega.com/

Photo: Ira Lippke, Graham Syed, Michelle de la Vega

Michel de la Vega - painter, sculptor, master of working with metal, but also a big fan of "compact living" and an admirer of lifestyle very "friendly" nature. And a very active supporter of Michel itself not only lives in a small house, and the most environmentally friendly, but also advises everyone how to do it.

Love for compact spaces has increased, as often happens, from domestic difficulties: "I am - an artist, and I was faced with the problem of paying for the mortgage. So the idea to build another small house on the plot, in order to hand over the chief and gradually repay the loan. " Since the funds were rather limited, Michel itself acted as an architect, designer and master: come up with the layout of a small apartment and a large piece of furniture manufactured itself using the welding machine, it has the benefit of his virtuosity. "When I refused to sell the big house and told realtors that offered it and will move to live in the garage, all took it as a joke».

However, after the restructuring - garage became a full house in which the artist happy lives for 6 years.

Garage has been strengthened, but remained virtually unchanged in size only - it was attached to the "wing" with a bathroom.

Large "French" windows and doors are almost always wide open, allowing the house does not look very closed. "I really like the feeling of openness and lots of light", - says Michael.

In the process of restructuring has also been slightly increased height of the building - it is possible to make a small mezzanine, where the bed. That it was not a gloomy dark cubbyhole under the ceiling - in the gable was cut through three small windows. "I love my bed loft, it has something of the nest and cradle»

The facade facing the street - only one small window (for ventilation). The French windows and doors facing the garden. This makes the house very cozy and private.

Inside the house, the space is not shared by any partitions as required by the layout of small apartments (exception only bathroom in a separate wing). Along one wall stretched a kitchen with a "living wage" situation - a refrigerator, stove, carving table and sink, the other side fit lovely big oven, in the end - a couch, she is a guest bed. Design and execution of the couch - Michel de la Vega. As the curtain - an old army blanket. Mistress of the house is very fond of old unwanted things that it can give a second life - a lion's share of the situation hit her from the warehouses of the Salvation Army, or found on the collapse of the old things.

The back of the fireplace is made of old bricks, remaining after the removal of the old chimney. The lamp with orange shade - from the warehouse of the Salvation Army.

Table Michelle made herself.

Fixtures also got free - were written off for scrap, and restored by the artist.

"The house is completely reflects my craving for simplicity, love, live and travel light and attraction to the things of which have already been rejected once."

"For such a small house, my bathroom is huge. But I decided that since I do an addition, then more. "

"As a result bathroom (and bed-loft) - this is the best thing in my house."

"It's not just the radical economy, I really like to use a previously used old boards, fixing things and give them a new life."

Lockers were written off from the dressing rooms for the staff of United Airlines.

"Everyone who comes to my house, note that the house is very personal and well conveys my character." Ladder - a Pacific liner.

Sculpture Johnson Solids - author Michel de la Vega.

All.

Taken 4living.ru/items/article/sietl-dom-dvadcat-tri-metra/

Personally, I'm delighted. Good will for us moaning, right?

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting