Prague

My first post on the hackneyed theme - the beautiful city of Prague and all that.
I sat like that at work, lazily moving the mouse, view Skyscanner!, Because the holiday soon and then hop, I do not understand how, bought tickets to Prague. Well, what do you do have to go. Price issue 8,000 rubles to-back with change. Saint Petersburg - Munich - Prague, Prague - Franfurkt - St. Petersburg. Transplant is not long, just an hour. He flew Lufthansa. By the way for 11,000 rubles could take a direct flight to St. Petersburg - Prague, but since I'm a fan of budget travel, then chose the former. And actually I'm a deer, I did not notice this option.
Actually why the choice fell on the Prague - I do not know, but the rest of my vacation, I spent in Pattaya and to tell the truth, I was nothing more
Do not need.

Actually is 49 photos and a description, the text will not always be associated with a picture

The second step after the tickets, not counting visas, was the choice of the hotel. Since travel budget, it was decided to live in the hostel.
Moreover, this had no experience and was terribly interesting. Of course all tried to dissuade me, frightening that someone will snore, some socks stink
and so on. But I did not listen and ran to the website hostelbookers. I chose the pictures and a little browsing reviews. As a result, I found a hostel here.
Bribery of pictures and price. And after I lived there, I realized that I was really lucky. As with the hostel itself and with its location - 10 minutes from Charles Bridge, view from the windows of the Cathedral of St. Vitus, and so on.

Previous Photo - Tyn Church
Photo rooms at the

Another picture number

For those wishing to zapulivayu picture to its name, the site and the location on the map.

This view from the window =) and from the window of the toilet

I got to the hotel which is a 10 pm and was pleasantly surprised. It turns out 10-bed room which I booked completely empty and the first night I shall spend the night alone. Further provided towel and linen, the password from the free wai faille, the key to the safe. I prudently chose the bed and around the battery compartment where smaller beds. The apartment itself is a 10-seater, as it is divided into two parts, one of the six seats in the other place and 4 !!! ladder back in the number one =) nezhdanchik. It turns out 15-seater room. The room was shared for both boys and girls. On the second day to populate a lot of people. The guy from Kazakhstan, China, the two guys from Australia, two girls from Spain, one from Brazil, Germany - Katherine.
Just say pictures do not have Brazilian and in general I was disappointed in them. Girls do not hesitate chased by number in truselyah, Brazilian was dumb.
And by the way simpotichnye Gym shoes =) All lived in principle on a similar schedule, that is, to come to the hostel only to sleep, leaving in the morning,
in the evening something together discussed. The way the room was a jacuzzi and a hair dryer - this is so, by the way.

The photo St. Vitus Cathedral

And that some details of the cathedral. Gothic is very beautiful

Continues to tell
I paid for 5 nights, something about 1500 rubles. I want to note that the administration of the hostel at the stage of reservation carefully gave me instructions on how to reach them. I flew to Prague somewhere in 21:00 bought a ticket for public transport for 90 minutes and went, first by bus and then by subway and tram. Tickets is something - no turnstiles in the subway, allowing himself a ticket, depending on the period of its validity to travel on any public transport. Can you imagine? One ticket for all modes of transport. Damned convenient. Also impressed that in the subway, in buses and trams, even in trains - all the doors are not opened by default. Each door has a large key, both outside and inside, which opens the door when necessary.

The photo - The Church of St. Nicholas

Inside the Church of St. Nicholas

A little about the flight. Lufthansa I definitely liked. Normally fed, planes and good service. Munich Airport is very intuitive. While waiting for a transplant, you can drink tea and coffee free of charge. On the half hour is given free wi-fi. Airport Franfurkta seemed pretty darn huge, there's only a car ride. A smoking room 1, 5 to 1, 5 meters. They do not like to smoke. By the way, Prague can not smoke in public places, which is what public transport stations. Just walk through the streets of smoking can be. Through customs in Munich it turned out to be fast and convenient, but not for me. On the issue of personnel, for any thing I'm going to Prague, I did not find anything clever how to answer that I was going to drink beer. The border guard
He looked at me, armed with a microscope and began closely studying my visa ... saying to himself, "What Moscow did not drink."

Once populated, and already for the night that I did? That's right, I went to drink beer. Currently, the Czech mmmm, tasty and not expensive.
For all 5 days, I like anything or drink other than beer. Mug KRUSOVICE comes out to about 50 rubles. Czechs themselves, by the way they are very fond of beer and they often sit in pubs, bars and so on. And, if it walks like a dog and he wanted to drink beer, then no problem, many places let the dog.

The first day I was thinking to go for a walk in places previously marked on my map. Type liability tourist attractions should look.
But they are there all the way. But in fact I do not map looked, walked aimlessly.

Charles Bridge

Charles Bridge in the early morning

Charles Bridge has

On the second day I went into a tour agency which is just stare, than that. Excursion to the castle - 40 euros. Thank you say is not necessary.
And I had a drink at the main station. I bought a ticket to Karlstejn on the train back and forth for 5 euros. And the ticket is not at a particular time, and is valid for the day. The train two floors. Very komortnye seats, large windows. Railway tracks have way too level, wagons does not swing from side to side on which the attraction. Get to the place, I walked through this magnificent village, by the way the next time if I go to Prague, then stop just in this place.

Eliminated in castle Karlstejn, ticket 10 euros. The savings compared to the tour 25 euros.

Many castles seasonal so that the gathering in one of them advise in advance to clarify it works this time of year or not.

Fish photographed, so do not understand the entire majesty of this building. Here is a picture from the walls of the castle in the village

The castle itself was impossible to shoot, so here's another picture of Charles Bridge

Charles Bridge

Kalov bridge. Please note as tourists rubbed in some places the statue =)

just what that house

Museum of Communism.
By the way all who are going to Prague, I advise to visit the bar "Beer Museum", where 30 varieties of all different tasty beer. This will have to be marked on the map

I also went to the nearby town of Kutna Hora

Kutna Hora

And he went there to visit the Ossuary

I'll take a cheeky text from Wikipedia for photos. So it will be interesting.
Sedlec Ossuary (Czech. Kostnice v Sedlci, Cemetery Church of All Saints with Ossuary) - Gothic chapel in Sedlec, a suburb of the Czech town of Kutna Hora, trimmed with human skulls and bones. In the decoration of the chapel took about 40 000 human skeletons.

In 1278 Henry, abbot of the Cistercian monastery in Sedlec, a suburb of Kutna Mountains, was sent to Czech King Otakar II in the Holy Land. He brought back a bit of land from Calvary and scattered it on the cemetery of the abbey. The news of this spread, and the cemetery became a popular burial place among the inhabitants of Central Europe. Many thousands of people want to be buried in this cemetery. Medieval wars and epidemics, in particular epidemics of the Black Death in the middle of the XIV century and the Hussite wars at the beginning of the XV century, replenished cemetery, which has grown strongly as a result.

Around 1400, in the middle of the cemetery was built a Gothic cathedral the tomb. The tomb was to serve as a warehouse of bones extracted from the graves in the cemetery as the place was not enough. The vacant place could be used for new burials or for construction. According to legend, after the 1511 operation to extract skeletons from their graves and their storage in the tomb served half-blind monk of the Cistercian Order.

In 1703-1710 gg. Cathedral was rebuilt: a new entry is added to maintain the outwardly inclined wall and the upper tier rebuilt in Baroque style.

In 1784, the emperor ordered the closure of the monastery. The chapel and monastery lands bought the Schwarzenberg family

This coat of arms of the Schwarzenberg family

In 1870, the Schwarzenberg hired a woodcarver Frantisek Rinta (František Rint) so that he put in order a pile of stacked bones. The results of his work speak for themselves.

At the four corners of the cathedral located huge bell-shaped piles of bones. From the middle of the nave hangs a huge chandelier bone, comprising at least one copy of each of the human bones and skulls decorated with garlands. Among the other works of art can be noted the altar monstrance on the sides of the altar, and a large coat of arms of the Schwarzenberg and signature wizard Rinta also from the bones.

a little more pictures

But these things can be found outside

on gravestones

On this all the guys. Post what that crumpled and chaotic. Excuse me. She just wanted to show the photos and tell us about the ossuary.
In conclusion I can say that falling in love with Prague. But the trip to the Czech Republic or Europe should be planned a little differently. Namely, take a car and go through all the cities and countries.
P.S. Yap recently saw a post about Bohemian bars where the waitresses naked, and I was not there when he knew about it. So we have to go back and next time I will do a post better.
Thank you all friends

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting