In France, still have Muzhikov

The team of "Mayors in the protection of children", brings together 20,000 French mayors and their deputies, published a petition in which he expressed the support of colleagues from Arcangues, a small town in the south-west of France, a few kilometers from Biarritz.

Jean-Michel Colo, was the name of the mayor, for 30 years unchallenged head of the municipality of Arcangues, the first among French mayors refused, and categorically, to register a marriage between two men. This is despite the fact that it commits to this recently adopted law on the legalization of such matrimonial alliances. Moreover, all substituents, also have the right to conduct the marriage ceremony, followed his example.

Gay couple intends to sue the Jean-Michel Colo on charges of discrimination that threatens the mayor a few years in prison and a fine of 45 thousand euros.

Mayor managed to find in the workplace, however, is not in a municipality, and its insurance agency, which is run concurrently. Monsieur Colo was a man with a sense of humor. When I learned that it wants to talk to Russian journalist ernicheski responded, laughing, that "has no plans to seek asylum in Russia." True, he said, they say, who knows.

Refused to register the union of two men, you will surely go on principle.

Jean-Michel Colo: I do not accept the law that has perverted the word "marriage", extending it to persons of the same sex, and made the appropriate changes the Civil Code. For me, and for many of my compatriots, marriage - a union of male and female that is the foundation of the family and the extension of the human race. This law, I see a certain ideological message that sickens me. An attempt to reinterpret the structure of society. What for? I personally do not understand. In any case, this whole situation with me, a believer, a Catholic, is rejection and rejection. To participate in the action, when two gentlemen exchanged wedding rings, does not allow conscience. It's some kind of masquerade.

But the law is adopted, and the mayors are obliged to obey him.

Jean-Michel Colo: That's true, but I think it is unnatural, and therefore illegal, for it to harm society, destroys family ties between parents and children. Blessed are those girls and boys who are now able to adopt without delay and adopt two homosexuals or two lesbians? I think that is unlikely. In fact, many child psychologists say about the big problems faced by such children. It was these experts talk of serious professional journals, but on TV for some reason they never invited.

You had to choose between conscience and duty, is not it?

Jean-Michel Colo: Exactly. Meanwhile, what I think is right and what is immoral for me. Hard choice, but I made it.

You Used Six deputies. Nobody hesitated?

Jean-Michel Colo: None. People tested by long years of collaboration and friendship. Just yesterday, when we address the threat began to be heard, and the clouds thicken, I assembled deputies. What do I tell them? About the following: I have its position will not give, but you do not have to follow me. With one voice they said, will be next to you. People word, men of honor.

So, you have already tried to exert pressure. Statement on the occasion of your made Interior Minister, recalling that on the status of the mayor shall enter into marriages between persons residing in the territory of the administrative related to your city. Otherwise, they say, sanctions.

Jean-Michel Colo: Minister should deal with crime in Marseille and Corsica, the problem of immigration, rather than the mayor Arcangues. In any case, even if I am held accountable, I will defend myself. I have lawyers, and the character I do not hold.

They say that your example could become contagious among mayors.

Jean-Michel Colo: I hope that they will show no less courage than I do, and if they have to deal with gay marriage. You know, I now have many support. Only in the last two days I have received four thousand of emails, which speaks of solidarity with me.

proof

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting