As I did podiums

A long time ago a friend bought WV Passat. Established acoustics removed and put some cool. And removed from the speakers did not know what to do. They were custom-sized non-standard fasteners. And I was just about to put himself in the music machine. Out of it in the hands of speakers, remembering that his hands still rising from the shoulders, I figured that I could use them. A man said - man did! Suffered!

Speakers were seems 17th diameter. Machine dvenashka. In the regular places for acoustics are not put. Everything that was sold on the market do not fit the diameter or on the fixture. It was decided to make the podium. Side pocket on the door decided to leave, as nicely beat it would not turn out. The podium was going to be a continuation of the pocket and look to it as a whole.

To start drawing.

The material was chosen plywood (not 16 mm, then 18 - can not remember).

Jigsaw - one of those tools that makes me real pleasure while working! The man who invented it, many thanks!

So we cut out the details, now they need to seal. I calculated the angle at which the speakers should stand for what they did not play at his feet. Some parts countersigned screws, some nails, but in any case necessarily epoxy sizing. Vibration knows his stuff, and it should be considered.

More photos from this stage

And another view

Now he had to figure out how to make a perfect surface. I wanted to smooth lines. There were ideas to blow out all the foam and then cut and putty. But then came the internet in a very interesting way. When read about it - I think people have fun watching. And there - a really cool way to create a perfect surface. Stockings! Just stretch them to the frame and the surface is ready to itself! The degree of curvature depends on the tension.

Sorry for the torn stockings. It's not me! Honestly!

More perspective

Surface stocking relish poured epoxy and give dry. And so a couple of layers. Otherwise, it is impossible to work with him.

Cut a hole

For a long time admiring the beauty of the resulting

Try on speaker. It should be perfect! It looks beautiful!

That's the way, and the hero of the festivities. As you can see he has a non-standard fasteners. For ease of installation had to modify it a bit with a file!

And so it is on the front side

Further needed fiberglass. But since I am a person by nature very lazy, I was too lazy to look for her. I decided to use the old diaper your son. He was not against it. But a clear answer from him that I get and could not - talk while he still could not. Diapers were cut into small pieces, impregnated with epoxy and glued to the stockings. And so several layers until the surface is firm. Photos of the process is not, as the process is quite dirty. Fotoik not take up. But there are pictures of the result.

Another photo

Here you can see how the speaker is mounted inside

Naturally surface was tipped to a perfectly smooth. Inside was a blow the foam. Carefully, slowly, giving time to dry, removing bubbles wand and dampening waters. Further, in order to give that effect rough plastic (as in the rest of the door pocket) surface was covered antigravah. It appears in two layers. Then I painted. Photo gallery of these processes are not. I do not remember why. I think it was just too lazy to take pictures. But here's the result.

And more photos

Then all this stuff I brought spices to a Friend Car Audio, which I do in the car and set. Why did not he? Yes stupid lazy! How podium looked in the car, I did not make pictures. And I do not be able to - the car is sold. But before the sale took several photos for all autos and among them found a photo. Here it

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting