To beat or not to beat?

Twenty five million three hundred seventy two thousand four hundred sixty eight

To beat or not to beat? Seminar educational punishment I am often asked about whether to use physical punishment for educational purposes. "We are thrashed?", say. "Thrashed". Flogged as a gray goat. And nothing. Grew up and wised up. And even grateful. Now psychologists are saying?!

Can not be beat. Smack impossible. What now? He is in the aquarium glue is poured, and I him for it – Pat on the head? From school two brought and I told him "Chupa-Chups" for it must buy? Have to flog, we think we should. And it will grow morons who only understand "want" and "impossible" do not understand.

Well. I collected them, who think that "want" to flog, to teach how to do it the most correct way. Something like a seminar. "Educational punishment". Came. And fathers and mothers. Came, took their places in the ranks. I say (from stage):

– Raise your hand, someone in the family three or more children.

No one picked up.

– Raise your hand, someone in the family has two children.

Two hands. And some fourteen, probably. Those who want to learn how to flog. Scientifically approved method.

– Raise your hand, someone in the family has one child?

Most. Then I tell them thank you, fellow citizens! and ask for someone to come up on stage. Rises Tweety Vodokachka.

– My father, if that is not a Bicycle pump thrashed, says. – Very, you know, every bad was tucillo. And here it is now eternally grateful.

All applauded. I waited until the hall cleared and proceeded with the explanation. That there is in fact such a simple notion as "carrot and stick". Sometimes the carrot is more reliable. And sometimes a whip. And as an example the Tweety Vodolazkin – BAM! – slap.

So – I say – is quite possible. The psychology of the citizens, alleviate, and nothing to worry about with your children and the lesson they learn for a long time.

Tweety was flushed, but said nothing. Then I told her another – BAM! – a kick in the ass. Comment on:

And so, my dear, better not, because psychology does not approve. And you should limit your educational...

But then Vodokachka interrupts me, zasobiv for the whole room:

– You mean this?

My audience jumped, surprised. The Tweety watch, then at me. On Tweety to me. Rounded eyes.

– Here you again! – also I was surprised. – We are gathered here to discuss what? Pedagogy whipping. I have to show, to illustrate.

Tweety puffing, eyes shining.

– So, you mean, right? – ask Tweety.

– I'm an adult already – snaps Tweety.

– And the children, therefore, possible, because they are children, so what?

Jumped some guy and shouted:

– So that it is impossible and children to hit, you want to tell us?

– No, – I say – I want to understand why I can't beat you. For educational purposes. What do you do?

– Accountant, responsible man.

– And if you report accounting, time does not pass? Then what to do with you? Maybe flog? Or a Bicycle pump the ridge?

But we are not children, damn it! – yelling man. – We are adults!

– So what? The child brought a deuce from school, and you pump or slap. Assuming that it will help him to learn better. So maybe you should pump sometimes? Or a smack? Should definitely help you to perform your job in a timely manner. Isn't it?

– You should have said immediately that it is impossible, growls the man. – You didn't have it (nods to Tweety) to the head cracking.

– Well, why not? – I shrug shoulders. – Sometimes, probably.

Hall sighed in relief.

– It remains only to determine in which cases it is impossible, and in any other cases. But you have to understand the meaning of physical punishment as such. Why is it? No need to cause another person physical pain?

– He never did! Never! – a woman called out from the audience.

– Heat. Almost hot. If your child is trying to shove the plug into the hairpin, then a slap will help him to abandon this idea.

In other words, physical punishment intended to exclude harmful, and, moreover, life-threatening behavior. Paradoxically, therefore, the parents protect their offspring. This is the most important function of physical punishment. What else?

– Me father for coke beat, sighed Tweety. – To learn.
– Me gum "Turbo" – said someone from the audience. – 're pack rats stole a whole block.
– Me too, for two. And when bad eating more, too...
— I cat our "beetham" tail glued to the floor.

Hall laughed. I walked up to the blackboard and wrote:

Desirable and undesirable – Desirable and undesirable? – cried the man. – In what sense?

Now I will explain. But it's very simple. Very, very simple.

If you want your child to do something, physical punishment is excluded.

If you want your child something to do, physical punishment is not excluded.

Stand up, please, those, who punishes her daughter for bad grades at school.

Rose a few people.

– You idiots! I said, then rose indignantly snorted. How can you teach a child not to get bad marks with their fists?

You can teach your child to get good grades. And if you want to received them, then physical punishment is excluded. Seated (I to those who are in the hall).

I repeat.

If you want your child to do something, physical punishment is excluded.

If you want your child something to do, physical punishment is not excluded.

Now answer the question. If the child does not want to eat – whether for prevention of hit him with the bucket on his forehead?

– It turns out that no, the man replied, scratching his head.
– It turns out that no, echoed Tweety Vodokachka.

Okay. But if poorly done your homework?

– No.
– No.
– No!

Okay. I think now you understand. Physical punishment has the function of ban. Don't do it, because you can't do this. And to the point.

If you want your child to do something, physical punishment is not only completely meaningless but also harmful. Okay?!

– It is clear! – chorused pleased the audience and left. But a minute later, the audience came back... Tweety Vodolazkin and blurted out.

– Why you in the beginning asked who has how many children?! How is that relevant to your topic?

– It's very simple – I say. – Previously, families had many children. If I am not mistaken, in Russia the beginning of XX century the family had an average of 13 children.

– What?

– And the fact that when one of the children did something wrong, and punish him, the others learn an important lesson. My brother (sister) they understand that the way he did, to do it.

In other words, the educational meaning of the punishment was addressed not so much to the guilty to the young man, as his brethren.

The same goal pursued by public flogging (or penalty): "don't do that, fellow citizens, otherwise, you will suffer the same fate."

But today, when a family, usually a child, physical punishment ceased to be edifying.

Before, when a parent beat the child, he presented a lesson to others.

Today, when a parent beats a child, he has a child, and only. Nothing educational or enlightening in this anymore.published

Author: Vit Zenev

Source: psyberia.ru/mindterritory/punishment

Tags

See also

New and interesting