Travel to Cuba.

For a long time I did not dare to spread this stuff, but at the request of colleagues and dreary autumn weather decided to ...
How is it - you decide.

Will be 73 photos.

A little background:
I in September only daughter married. The weather was not lucky, the wedding day was pouring rain, and the couple decided to fly on a honeymoon trip to Cuba.
Why Cuba? The fact that my father in law was in the Caribbean crisis (rockets dragged to Cuba) and held there for about a year. As a child, the daughter often listened to his stories about the nature of Cuba, about people, about the beauty of the island.
In general - and decided to decide. I will not describe the preparation, flight, begin to arrive.
Filmed, as usual, on a coconut and hotel sneakers.
Some facts:
Question:
Why Russia with all the resources occupies 71st place in terms of life, and Cuba - 51st? They kind of computers, even a little. Lie?
The best answer:
Poor people lead a healthy lifestyle. In Cuba, higher life expectancy, lower infant mortality. Gains in Cuba below, but can satisfy the requirements (they have no need for the PC). In Cuba, there is no inequality in wealth, in Russia, which creates tension between different segments of the population. And it is quite specific factors specific to Russia - a long, annoying winter with no time to pave the way and the big rents.

The passage to the beach.
Photo 2

Liana, down from the very top of the lobby of the hotel is impressive ...
Photo 3

On the streets of Varadero, just like on the streets of other cities a lot of cars quite elderly.
Photo 4

Photo 5

Going from Varadero to Havana for two days while taking in the views from the window of the bus.
Photo 6

We arrived in Havana, where the wedding ceremony was to be held.
Photo 7

Photo 8

Evening walk around Havana.
Bar "El Floridita».
For the world famous Cuban cocktail "Daiquiri" forever linked with the Havana bar. All - thanks to the local habitue Ernest Hemingway, both glorified. Old-timers say, the great alcoholic entered in the "Floridita" casually and for a moment - for a small need. And left, could not resist the "Daiquiri" the local spill. Almost every morning at ten, he was in the bar, she sat down at the same place and ordered their "Papa Dobles" (double daiquiris, which made for him). And so - for fifteen years.
The old man sits at Ham "Florida" so far. All in the same place - at the far end of the rack. However, now - bronze (but the glass in front of him - the present). And the neighborhood is always full of tourists, tried unsuccessfully to repeat the record of a writer - a drink in one sitting dozen "Papa Dobles." Do not repeat the mistakes of others!
Young did not go inside, but there certainly looked PL ...
Photo 9

For lovers of cooking section - dinner (do not remember the names of dishes) ...
Photo 10

Photo 11

On the morning of the next day - the wedding ceremony itself, which took place on one of the beaches in Havana. The special merit of the photographer (I accidentally saw his picture on
18th photo) - the beach looks completely deserted, although it is not so ...
The local registry office on the beach is modest, but the color ...
Photo 12

Photo 13

Photo 14

After the beach registrar, heh - walk through Havana retroavto.
Photo 15

Photo 16

Photo 17

Photo 18
In this photo, I saw the groom's guide (he's black T-shirt) and a local photographer, who, despite the lack of a wrist shot a lot of interesting material ...

Visit some of the notable places in Havana ...
Photo 19
The fortress of La Cabaña
After the fortress of El Morro Castle fell under the onslaught of the British troops, it was decided to build a new and powerful citadel. Under the leadership of General Don Silvestre Abarca on the right side of the bay of Havana began the construction of La Cabaña, which at the time of completion of construction in 1774 was the biggest major defensive fort in the New World.
Besides defense function, the fortress played the role of the prison, which contained many of the fighters for the freedom of Cuba, such as Jose Marti.
In 1959, La Cabaña captured and organized here commandant Ernesto Che Guevara. This event and the criminal activities of the museum is devoted to Batista's torturers working in one of the rooms of the fortress.

Nowadays the territory of the fortress is a favorite place for walks. It has a bar with live music, and at 21:00 held a traditional shooting from old guns.
Photo 20

Immediately periodically passing workers come from the USSR.
Photo 21

Convent of St. Francis of Assisi
Photo 22

Photo 23
Convent of St. Francis of Assisi is a building built in the Baroque style. Bases for its construction was laid in 1548, and to visit it opened in 1575, despite the fact that the works were not completed. It was located Baccalaureate school with classes of grammar, philosophy, theology and mathematics.
Now the monastery is given the status of a colonial museum, and it includes a lot of historical and religious values. So we can consider it a museum of religious art from the concert hall, where often sounds choral and chamber music.

Just walk on city squares and streets ...
Photo 24

Photo 25

Monument crazy city on one of the streets of Havana:
One of the interesting attractions of the city of Havana is a monument to the mad ("monument tramp", "Knight of Paris"). Besides this monument is rumored grants wishes, so every tourist is required to consider their debt to him to touch and be photographed with him.
According to legend, this monument Havana residents put in his lifetime. He was a wonderful man, friendly and open. For this he was respected and some even loved. And how not to love the person who brings happiness ?! Later, he himself fell in love, but not in order, who should be in this love was unrequited, because of what he was crazy. Now tourists are developing a tradition to hold on to the sculpture and talk to her - because they believe that it will bring them good luck in business and happiness in love.
Photo 26

Unusual hotel on one of the streets of old Havana, is recreated in the style of the Franciscan monastery.
Hotel Los Frailes is located a few meters from the convent St. Francis Assisi's and Old Square. The interior of the hotel there are many works of art:
stained-glass windows, statues of famous monks, paintings and, of course, quiet courtyard with a small fountain.
Street View: note the monk's robe to the left of the entrance. Inside clothes no one ...
Photo 27

... Inside:
Photo 28

Trained fees ... (stink enormously, because the whole day in the heat of +30)
Owner of discounts for young dogs did not, therefore, one posing rates and photos with them was worth a 1 Cook (about 1 USD)
Photo 29

Well, not the beauty of the butterfly, and whether the clock?
Photo 30

Monument cock. In the lower right corner of the frame. Why is there a naked lady vossedaet Google and Yandex somehow shamefully silent ...
Photo 31

The range of one of the many souvenir shops of the city:
Photo 32

One of the street singers, guitarists appeared before sticky (well eat it all hotstsa) that we had to capture it ...
Photo 33

Patio Hotel
Photo 34

Internesnaya exposure firefighters burned in fire house. More details I have not found ...
Photo 35

Monument to Simon Bolivar
Photo 36

Just walk through the streets and courtyards ...
Photo 37

Photo 38

Photo 39
I have something to Old Arbat reminded ...

Photo 40

Photo 41

Looking at the photo, I asked 42:
 - And what concrete pillar FOTA?

Got answer:
Yes, this is not a column, there is a palm tree!
Photo 43

Photo 44
An interesting solution painting a blank wall of the building.

Photo 45
One of the many street cafes.

Photo 46
Cathedral of San Cristobal
Cathedral Square (formerly named Swamp -Plasa De La Cienaga) - is the center of Old Havana. It will not pass any tourist, and the Cuban authorities that in mind, therefore, the surrounding area of ​​the building is often restored.
Special attention - the local architectural ensemble: there is also the Cathedral of San Cristobal, and the palace of the Marquis de Arcos, and the house of the Spanish aristocracy, turned into a museum. Along the perimeter of the square are cafes, so places to spend an evening "with a view" abound. Prices, however, can "bite».
The facade of the cathedral is considered to be the world's only instance of asymmetric Baroque: one tower of San Cristobal is wider than the other.

Photo 47
Inside the cathedral breathes nice cool ...

Photo 48
Another legend:
Bar La Bodeguita del Medio Bar ...
The name of the bar La Bodeguita del Medio Bar is literally translated as "shop in the center." There is actually once housed the store, and nearby printing house. After the bar was open, his regulars were employees of the printing house, journalists and writers. It often sat up Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Ernest Hemingway, Salvador Allende, Fidel Castro and other celebrities, autographs which today is the object of pride the owners institutions. Second, on what "speculating" in the "Bodeguita del Medio", - this is a rumor that it was here that the recipe was invented mojitos.

Photo 49
Number of autographs really rolls.

Photo 50
Inside, the bar is very uyutnenko.

Photo 51
Local artists are not left out of this legendary bar and perpetuate it in numerous paintings that are bought by tourists very successfully.

Photo 52
Once again, the narrow streets of Havana.

Photo 53
White Seven in the shade on vacation. Parking problems are not noticed.

Photos - 54
Athlete in the parking lot.

Photo 55
... I love ...
Tenek

Photo 56
In one of the squares.

Photo 57
Magnificent views of the Havana night through the window of the hotel restaurant.

The next day, our tour continued short-lived air travel to the island of Cayo Largo, which is located 177 km from Havana and 170 km from Varadero.
This beautiful island is located almost in the center of the Cuban archipelago. His entire southern coast represents a vast 38-kilometer of beach with fine white sand and emerald clear coastal waters.
Comfortable hotel on Cayo Largo next to a small cozy bungalows, which despite its "wild" appearance, equipped with all the comforts of modern life.
View bungalows. I asked what the yellow chair on the right track, but received no response. Who knows - Explain pzhlst ...
Photo 58

Photo 59
The landscape is very diverse at times.

Photo 60
On the island you can walk on just such train.

Photo 61
... Than many are willing to ...

Photo 62
Different areas of the southern coast of the island have a different name: Sirena, Lindamar, Blanca, Los Cocos, Tortuga and the Moon. In Cayo Largo has a fantastic beauty of coral reef - the unique nature reserve of marine flora and fauna. The resort - a paradise for diving enthusiasts.

Photo 63
malolyudnenko ...

Photo 64
there is also not a lot of tourists ...

Photo 65
No wonder the locals say - If there is a paradise on earth, it is in Cayo Largo ...

Photo 66
Well, the beautiful ...

Photo 67
When I was asked what might be inside the building, I did not answer until he had read part of the signs above the entrance. Now I podzamazal it (that is to eliminate the hint) and I want to ask you:
What of the building in the photo?

After spending 4 days in this island paradise - a return to Varadero ...
Photo-68 (brand cars could not identify, try as he might ...)

Very nice and well-kept park on the background of the hotel.
Photo 69

Another park or public garden. The picture was taken in Havana, on the waterfront
Photo 70

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting